New job EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT I-SES - 64083974 in Florida | 2021
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT I-SES - 64083974
Company : The State of Florida
Salary : $50,000 - $60,000 a year
Location : Florida
Requisition No: 336002
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT I-SES - 64083974
Position Number: 64083974
Posting Closing Date: 03/30/2021
Florida Department of Health
Executive Assistant I-SES
Applicants must submit their application for this position using the People First system, https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com, no later than the closing date.
A talented and experienced Executive Assistant is needed to provide world-class support to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the State Surgeon General.
This is a unique role for an individual with significant administrative experience and high level personal and communication skills to maximize the productivity of our Chief of Staff and Leadership team.
In addition to being organized, resourceful, strategic, and analytical, you must possess strong business judgment, high attention to detail, and the ability to interact with individuals/offices at some of the highest levels in government.
Enthusiasm, creativity, and resourcefulness are crucial, as is a high level of professional integrity and confidentiality.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Screens incoming calls to determine if the Chief of Staff's personal attention is necessary, if an appointment should be scheduled, or can the caller be appropriately addressed by another member of the management staff or departmental personnel. Independently coordinates or handles calls and correspondences in assigned areas for and representing the Chief of Staff.
- Performs specialized or technical assignments as directed by the Chief of Staff.
- Relieves the Chief of Staff of many details necessary in the overall operations and functions of the office managerial responsibilities.
- Reviews incoming mail addressed to the Chief of Staff's personal attention. Independently signs replies not requiring the Chief of Staff's personal attention.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and/or meetings, including date, time, and location. Maintains Chief of Staff's appointment calendar and itinerary for out-of-town travel. Independently screens requests, schedules appointments and meetings. Researches and provides background material to participants. Obtains and organizes substantive data for use by the Chief of Staff for the conferences, meetings or speaking arrangements. Arranges for briefings, oral or written, prior to major decision-making meetings or conferences. Assigns responsibility for follow-up on development of materials for speaking engagements for the Chief of Staff.
- Acts as liaison between the State Surgeon General, Deputy Secretaries, and other key administrators in the department, as well as the Governor's Office and Legislators to transmit messages and information of importance.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
**NOTE: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. **
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Direct deposit of salary is a condition of employment.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the DOH in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbent may be required to work during or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or to perform other emergency. Duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee