New job Eligibility Specialist Assoc in Colorado | 2021
Eligibility Specialist Assoc
Company : Jefferson County Colorado
Salary : $16.39 - $24.59 an hour
Location : Colorado
CURRENT Jefferson County employees
Do NOT apply here
Apply in Workday using Find Jobs
Jefferson County Government, CO
Are you seeking more than a paycheck ?
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
If you are looking for a great opportunity for your career to take off, then this position welcomes you to work for a County that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking someone who has a strong work-ethic, is a self-starter, loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge and experience with those who they work with.
The Associate Eligibility Specialist provides advanced level customer services and support to Human Services staff and clients.
Schedule is flexible, with options of a 5-8s schedule or a 4-10s.
Please note the starting salary for this role is $38,359.76
- Work involves review of applications for completeness, data entry into complex computer program (CBMS) and a workflow management system to initiate application and start renewals in preparation for Eligibility Specialist.
- You will triage incoming work to appropriate individuals for processing and be responsible for scanning incoming work and uploading documents into our workflow management system.
- You will research case files on audit list, locate case files, review for information required, copying case files and communicate with staff in numerous areas to assist in file location and preparation.
- Work also involves receiving information from area hospitals and other health care providers to document birth of children, review of information to ensure accuracy, data entry into CBMS, communication with Lead Workers to ensure case is processed correctly, filing and electronic case file management.
- You may also be the first point of contact in the lobby which will include; making referrals to appropriate services and assistance available in the agency and community; alerting staff of walk-in customer requests for face to face contacts.
- This is a fast-paced, high volume position that will require exceptional attention to detail and a great ability to multitask. As well as working closely with a team where communication and organizational skills are essential.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required. Prefer a minimum of one year work experience in a high volume customer services environment.
- CBMS experience or ability to navigate complex computer systems and databases is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Assistance Programs including: Long Term Care, SNAP, Food, Cash, Medical.
- Experience working in a role where accuracy is extremely important.
Skills, attributes, and that would lead to success in this role include:
- Ability to use critical thinking to troubleshoot and triage cases to assist teammates and customers.
- High organization and prioritization skills - ability to be able to complete a task after an interruption.
- Process improvement skills - ability to streamline processes for efficiency.
- Strong follow up skills
- Passion to make a difference
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and professional references.
- Criminal history must not include but not limited to convictions for theft, forgery, counterfeiting, crimes against a person, or other related charges. (Felonies within the last 7 years, misdemeanors within the last 3 years, or a pattern of convictions).
- Once in the background step, we will ask you to provide five references including two supervisors. To prevent the process from slowing, we recommend you have the email addresses of your references ready and have notified them they may be contacted. Options for references could include; supervisor/manager, peer, professor, career counselor, someone you volunteer with, or anyone who can speak to how you work.