New job Distribution Process Worker Leader in Washington | 2021
Distribution Process Worker Leader
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $25.93 - $30.22 an hour
Location : Washington
See below for important information regarding this job.
- Leads three or more workers to accomplish trades and labor work. Passes instructions on to other workers. Ensures that needed tools and materials are available. Sees that all workers have enough work.
- Checks work in progress and completed work for compliance. Answers workers questions regarding procedures, policies, written instructions and directions. Provides information to supervisor on status and progress of work.
- The non-lead duties include stock selection. stow, location survey, physical inventory, material handling. material examining and identifying. packing. and operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Receives. unloads and processes incoming shipments. Checks accompanying documentation against container or packing labels. Follows established procedures in reporting over, short, misdirected, or damaged materials.
- Packs and/or repacks a variety of items utilizing a wide variety of standard packing materials, methods and techniques. Determines appropriate method of packing based on the type of commodity/item to be packed.
- Assembles items for shipment in the loading area according to information provided on the shipping requests and checks the condition of shipping containers prior to loading. Ensures shipments are properly loaded onto the right conveyances.
- Counts types and quantities of items during inventories. and maintains tally listings during the count. Recounts or searches other storage locations to assist in determining the basis for over. short, or misplaced items.
- Operates one or more types of material handling equipment such as standard type forklift with a lifting capacity of up to 15,000 pounds, warehouse tractor, or general-purpose vehicle.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
6901 Miscellaneous Warehousing and Stock Handling
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Full-Time 3rd Shift
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-employment Physical Required: Yes
- Must be able to maintain State Driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain MHE license.
QualificationsTo qualify for a Distribution Process Worker Leader, WL-6901-05, your qualifications must include:
Per OPM's Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations. the applicant's experience. education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system. how applicants gained their skill and knowledge. or the length of time they have spent in a line of work. are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to Lead (Screen Out Element)
- Knowledge of Warehousing Practices
- Knowledge of Packing Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions. Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Skill in Dexterity and Safety
Performs work on hard surfaces and in work areas that require standing, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts items that weigh up to 40 pounds; acquires assistance from other personnel or uses materials handling equipment when lifting heavier items. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when operating material handling equipment.
Work is performed in a warehousing environment. Work is usually performed inside, and occasionally outside when using materials handling equipment in areas that are hot, cold, drafty or damp. May be exposed to dusty, dirty, or greasy conditions. Incumbent is regularly exposed to the possibility of electrical shock (AC or DC), cuts, scrapes, bruises, abrasions, and broken bones from falls or falling items, collisions, shifting loads or overturning of vehicles. Working conditions are a normal part of the job and are considered in the evaluation of the position. Employee is required to wear safety clothing and equipment appropriate for the job and work area where assigned. Types of protective clothing and equipment include, but are not limited to, the following: safety eyeglasses, steel-toed shoes and protective clothing such as gloves, mask, apron, and coveralls.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone. ADVISORY: By using cannabidiol (CBD) products you are risking a positive drug test result for marijuana.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Job Elements/Competencies:
- Ability to Lead
- Knowledge of Warehousing Practices
- Knowledge of Packing Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Skill in Dexterity and Safety
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure that your resume does not contain any specialized characters, fonts, typefaces or formatting (e.g. tables, macros, etc.). It is also recommended that you convert/save your resume as a PDF prior to attaching to your application.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Individuals with disabilities
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Agency means current permanent DLA employees. Veterans eligibilities include 30% or more Disabled Vet and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.