New job Clerk 2 Selinsgrove Center in Pennsylvania | 2021
Clerk 2 Selinsgrove Center
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $31,394 - $46,162 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Selinsgrove Center is looking for a dependable, hard-working Clerk 2. If you enjoy working in an office type atmosphere providing clerical support, we have the job for you!
Selinsgrove Center is located in a nice rural location just outside the Borough of Selinsgrove. Only a couple minutes from town, Selinsgrove Area Schools, and Susquehanna University. Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, prescription, hearing, dental, and vision plans.
Come join us at the Selinsgrove Center and start your career in public service today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Full-time employment (37.5 hour work week)
- Work hours 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
- Free parking
The employee assigned to this position performs complex clerical tasks in support primarily of the Purchasing Department and may also support other functions in Administrative Services.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Six months as a Clerk 1 and educational development to the level of the eighth grade; OR Completion of a high school business curriculum; OR Any equivalent experience and/or training which provided the required knowledge and abilities.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act. Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.