New job ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT in Oklahoma | 2021
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Company : US Department of the Interior
Salary : $43,683 - $56,790 a year
Location : Oklahoma
RE-ADVERTISEMENT:APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED UNDER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, STIMP-21-109591491-CAWY-SR, MUST RE-APPLY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Eastern Oklahoma Region, Superintendent - Osage Agency, Office of the Deputy Superintendent-Trust Services in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.
NOTE: TRAVEL/RELOCATION EXPENSES NOT AUTHORIZED. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE.
- Responsible for organizing, directing and coordinating all aspects of administrative support functions to include budget, finance, property and supply, procurement, and personnel.
- Acts as the budget assistant to the Superintendent, for program planning activities, program evaluation for the integrity of cost accounting documents.
- Stays informed and complies with new or revised regulations, instructions, or procedures for file maintenance and records retention.
- Responsible for all financial documents such as travel, training, purchase orders, print orders, and supplies.
- Encodes Time and Attendance information for assigned timekeeper duties and maintains reports.
- Ensures that incoming mail is properly received and routed, retaining that which can be answered personally by reference to policies, precedents, or knowledge of office practices.
- Responsible for the preparation of a variety of correspondence and documents, such as letters, requisitions, purchase orders, travel authorizations, and reports.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
- Assistants, Office
- Office Assistants
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (title 25, USC Section 472). Form BIA -4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference.
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
- You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record.
QualificationsEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, GS-0303).
GS-7: I have at least 1 year of full-time specialized experience or the equivalent, comparable to at least the GS-6 in the Federal Service (obtained in either the public or private sector). Specialized experience that involved preparing and reviewing correspondence; tracking correspondence through a software system, making travel arrangements and processing vouchers; arranging for conferences, meetings, and training sessions; ensuring that all requests for action or information are acted upon and due dates are met; assisting with budget and position paper activities; maintaining office filing systems, responding to general telephone inquiries and correspondence, preparing purchase orders and requisitions, and developing and utilizing software to log information and maintain a database, including mail merges.
Education is not a qualification requirement at this grade level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (title 25, USC Section 472).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
All new hires earn the beginning salary of their pay grade (Step 1). See 2021 Salary Tables here and select the duty station from the Pawhuska, Oklahoma to choose the appropriate pay chart. If no specific chart is listed for this geographic location, see the "rest of U.S." chart.
The full performance level of this position is GS-7
TELEWORK: Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of the position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .
Certain candidates may be eligible to apply under a special hiring authority including those for disabled individuals, Peace Corps employees, Foreign Service employees, veterans, etc. For more information, visit the following OPM websites: USAJOBS Information Center: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/; Vets Info Guide: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. Most individuals who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will be evaluated against the minimum qualification requirements specified above. In order to qualify, your resume must specifically describe your work history and the duties you performed in each position. Your resume will be evaluated after the closing date of 04/07/2021 to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Competencies measured include:
- Administration and Management
- Financial Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personnel and Human Resources
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If the information in your resume does not support your responses to the assessment questions, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications.
Qualified Indian preference candidates will be referred to the hiring manager in order of veterans' preference.
You may preview the assessment questions here in the https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11071732.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume which details work experience including dates worked (mm/yy-mm/yy), position title, Grade (if federal service), and hours worked per week.
- On-line Assessment Questionnaire
- Most recent SF-50 (if applying under merit promotion. Be sure your SF-50 displays your tenure in box 24, your position in box 34, and that the SF-50 is not an award)
- Transcripts (if using education to qualify) - Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, an official transcript may be requested at a later time.
- Veteran's documentation - (if applicable) VA letter on VA letterhead stating your overall combined rating, SF-15, DD-214 (copy 4) reflecting an honorable discharge and dates of active duty military service.
- Special Appointing Authority documentation (if applying under a special hiring authority)
- BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference)
- Performance Appraisal (if applying under the Land Management Flexibility Act)
If you are unable to apply online, require reasonable accommodation in the application process if you are an applicant with a disability, or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM Eastern Time ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package before you submit it.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED OR ACCEPTED BY THIS OFFICE.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Native Americans or Alaskan Natives with a tribal affiliation.
Clarification from the agency
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (title 25, USC Section 472). Verification form BIA -4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. No other documents will be accepted as proof of Indian Preference.