New Job Recreation Specialist In Mississippi
Company : Chugach Government Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Assists the Recreation Supervisor in planning, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program by soliciting student input for activities that attract voluntary participation.
- Recruits and motivates students to participate in the activities.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreational activities on and off Center.
- Conducts recreation and wellness classes.
- Supervises and transports students on Center recreation functions.
- Coordinates the new student recreation orientation program.
- Supervises all recreation areas. Ensures a positive and safe atmosphere.
- Implements Center’s creative arts and crafts programs and activities, as needed.
- Promotes and participates in cultural activities.
- Provides special recreation activities for parents and children.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and organizes recreation facility and equipment.
- Maintains accountability of students and property. Adheres to standard safety practices.
- Cultivates and maintains a Center climate, which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promotes student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition, and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
- Participates in mandatory Department of Transportation/Commercial Driver’s License drug and alcohol testing program and medical certification.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year related experience working with youth.
- Must obtain Water Safety training within 90-days of hire.
- Must be able to obtain commercial driver’s license (CDL) within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Obtain and maintain mandatory DOT/CDL medical certification.
- Successfully pass and participate in the mandatory DOT/CDL drug and alcohol testing program
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: