New Job Field Supervisor For Education In Oregon
|Field Supervisor for Education
Field Supervisor for Education
Company : Bushnell University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
Teacher Education Field Supervisor for PE, SPED, ESOL, and Elementary Practicums
About Bushnell University
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the faculty here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your development as a Christian teacher and scholar, making a difference in the lives of your students and in your discipline. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
The successful candidate for this position must show commitment and have experience as an excellent teacher or school counselor. The person in this position will mentor, coach and evaluate teacher candidates that are doing practicums out in schools. Bushnell Field Supervisors will also participate in informational meetings on campus approximately once a semester. Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the desire to support the mission of Bushnell University are paramount in this position. The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a solid role model of wisdom, faith, and service.
- Visit each student’s site frequently as outlined in each Field Experience packet and provide feedback to students.
- Establish and maintain communication with students, cooperating teachers and school administrators.
- Attend all Field supervisor informational meetings.
- Provide resources and guidance to students in the areas of curriculum development, instructional strategies, assessment techniques and classroom management.
- Complete mid-term and final evaluations for each student.
- Follow the current field experience packet as it pertains to student and supervisor’s roles and responsibilities.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
Candidate must hold a current teaching license or have recently held a teaching license with TSPC, with endorsements in SPED, PE and ESOL.
Candidate must be actively engaged in a Christian congregation and able to identify with and support the Theological Context for Bushnell University Community Life statement.
Ability to utilize Windows based software including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience utilizing e-mail for the purposes of organizational communications.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell University employees must have a maturing Christian Faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information.
- The employee must have knowledge of strong office management techniques; operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the office; research methods and report writing techniques; record-keeping techniques; operation of office machines including computer equipment and specified software; principles of training and providing work direction.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people.
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
- This position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling.
- This position description is subject to change at any time.
For consideration, please complete and submit all six of the following:
- The Bushnell employment application.
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that clearly addresses all three of the sections below:
- Section 1: how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- Section 2: how the candidate integrates faith into his/her academic discipline, both inside and outside the classroom; and
- Section 3: the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell’s Theological Context for Community statement.
- Contact information for three references, preferably including the applicant’s pastor or other appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
- Official Transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts can be submitted with the application packet, but official transcripts will be required in the event an applicant is invited to interview with Bushnell.)