New Job Construction Crew Leader In Nebraska
|Construction Crew Leader
Construction Crew Leader
Company : Community Action Partnership Lancaster and Saunders Counties
Salary : $23.78 an hour
Location : Nebraska
Construction Crew Leader - $1,000 TRAINING INCENTIVE
Do you want to utilize your construction and building experience in a purposeful new environment?
Community Action is looking for a Construction Crew Leader to join our Weatherization team! This role is responsible for oversight of Weatherization Crew workers and maintaining program production goals. They will also complete Weatherization units in compliance with funding sources rules and regulations.
Our Weatherization program can lower participants’ utility bills while creating a safer and more comfortable home in which to live. The weatherization process helps homes stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Starting Pay: $23.78/hour commensurate with experience/certifications
- Oversee the daily operations of the Weatherization Crew Workers to ensure that all Weatherization work is performed safely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Perform Weatherization measures as outlined by funding sources and account for the quality and quantity of all materials installed on units.
- Ensure all materials, equipment and tools needed for the job are obtained and on the job site.
- Complete a final check of all work performed and site cleanup to ensure all tasks have been completed in accordance with funding source requirements.
- Gather the required information for the completion of the file paperwork and submit to the Weatherization Administrator.
- Communicate with homeowner regarding expectations and process of the program.
- Review work orders and visit home if needed to measure for any doors, windows, etc for ordering.
- Keep weatherization equipment inventoried and functional.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two to five years’ experience with and knowledge of the building trade preferred.
- Have or be able to obtain the following certifications within 6 months of employment: Lead Safe RRP, OSHA -30, BPI Crew Leader
- Knowledge of general electrical, plumbing, structural and repair standards.
- Knowledge of Building and Safety Codes and Regulations.
- Ability to approach and communicate with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Outlook and basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employer-paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage.
- Paid Time Off plan and 12 paid holidays.
- 401K with employer match.
- Education Assistance Program for continuing education.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for federal student loans.
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Engaging work environment with friendly and supportive team members.
- Meaningful work that positively impacts our community.
About Community Action:
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.