New Job Records And Information Management (Rim) Specialist Iii In Vermont
|Records and Information Management (RIM) Specialist III
Records and Information Management (RIM) Specialist III
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.79 an hour
Location : Vermont
Do you think outside of the box and have a passion enhancing knowledge and understanding? Are you ready to apply your background and experiences in information discovery and access to make a positive impact and difference in a government setting?
The Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA) is seeking an innovative, versatile and service-oriented information professional to lead core operations and specific records and information management (RIM) projects and initiatives related to statewide record repositories and systems, including those managed and operated by VSARA.
VSARA RIM Specialists oversee specific RIM and RIM-related projects and initiatives as assigned. At this level, employees serving in this role are excellent communicators and collaborators who are comfortable with working with multiple and varied business partners and stakeholders and serving as both a practitioner and a lead for specific projects and initiatives.
Ideal candidates have strong analytical, project management, and technical skills; abilities to understand and translate compliance objectives into business requirements; and relevant and direct experience in the field of archives, records and information management, including the administration of record repositories and information systems.
What Will You Do?
This position will initially focus on optimizing VSARA's systems, repositories, and technical services, which include the delivery, expansion and integration of related systems and services to enhance the acquisition, management, discovery, access, and preservation of, and knowledge about, public records and information. In this role, you will:
- Be a project or initiative lead as well as a hands-on archivist and records and information specialist, including serving as a repository or system administrator as needed.
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to understand information discovery and access needs as well as repository and system requirements and capabilities.
- Identify, recommend and plan standards and related services to strategically fulfill mission-critical informational needs and requests for public records.
- Implement internal controls and manage audits to evaluate compliance with requirements and standards.
- Collaborate with other repository and system providers to optimize and improve capabilities, including integration.
Who May Apply
This position, Records and Information Management (RIM) Specialist III (Job Requisition #46736), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
Please Note: This position is being recruited at multiple levels. If you would like to be considered for more than one level, you MUST apply to the specific Job Requisition.
Level III: #46736
Level IV: #46764
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Tanya Marshall at [email protected].
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Work is performed in a standard office setting, but some travel may be required for which private means of transportation should be available.
Master's degree or higher in archives, library, or information science or in the broader information management field AND two (2) years or more of professional RIM work at the RIM Specialist II level or equivalent.
Professional designation of (or eligibility for) Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Certified Records Analyst (CRA) by the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) AND two (2) years or more of professional RIM work at the RIM Specialist II level or equivalent.
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program