New Job Human Resources Specialist 2 In Minnesota
|Human Resources Specialist 2|
Human Resources Specialist 2
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25.25 - $37.02 an hour
Location : Minnesota
FDLTCC is a member of the American Indian Higher Education Consortium.
Working Title: Human Resources Generalist
Job Class: Human Resources Specialist 2
Agency: Minnesota State
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 03/28/2023
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities
- Division/Unit: MnSCU Fond du Lac CC / MnSCU Fond du Lac CC Class
- Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $25.25 - $37.02 / hourly; $52,722 - $77,297 / annually
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Commissioner's Plan
- Work Area: Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Location: Cloquet
- Telework Eligible: No
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
This position performs professional level human resource services and consultation in the areas of labor relations, compensation, classification, new hire orientation, total rewards, HRIS, and training and development oversight for Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College (FDLTCC). This position will work closely with the Executive Human Resources Officer (EHRO) to monitor Human Resources processes and procedures ensuring that the requirements of all personnel rules, regulations, laws, and collective bargaining agreements are met. This position will serve as the Designated Departmental Insurance Representative (DDIR) as well as the HR Service Center liaison. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as an HR contact for campus
- Serve as liaison to HR Service Center
- Serve as college expert on organizational and job design
- Lead the college recruitment and selection processes
- Oversee aspects of the benefits programs in conjunction with CHRO
- Serve as HR contact for data and report requests
- Three years of progressive professional human resources work experience or related experience.
- Ability to build, adapt and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders with a dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Organizational and time management skills sufficient to develop and complete projects meeting objectives and within deadline.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and working with confidential information.
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and/or employment law sufficient to advise administration and employees to ensure compliance with standards.
- Commitment to share the college’s interest in supporting diverse cultures and populations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Five years of professional human resources work experience or related experience.
- Direct experience with on-boarding, compensation, benefits, recruitment and selection, and affirmative action/equal opportunity practices.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State and/or Minnesota Management and Budget’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State-specific payroll and human resource management computer systems (SEMA4, SCUPPS, POWERBI, etc.)
- Knowledge of higher education organization, processes, and priorities.
- Experience working in a unionized environment and interpreting collective bargaining agreements.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Lori Driscoll at [email protected] or 218-879-0879.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Lori Driscoll at [email protected].
About Minnesota State
Through a close Tribal & State partnership, Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College has a unique mission in providing education to the public in a comfortable and diverse environment. The college has made a commitment to provide excellent teaching, student services, and college activities in a positivie, friendly,k and respectful manner.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State is an equal opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. Please indicate what assistance is needed.