New Job Assistant Park Manager In South Carolina
|Assistant Park Manager|
Assistant Park Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $43,658 a year
Location : South Carolina
Job Purpose and Duties:
Manages specific park operations as directed by the Park Manager. In the absence of the Park Manager assumes responsibility for the operation of the park.
1) Assists with park administrative duties in accordance with Department guidelines and procedures, i.e. reservations, procurement methods, requisitions and reports.
2) Assist with planning of long and short term maintenance projects. Directs and/or performs maintenance on grounds, buildings, and equipment. Provides required reports.
3) Effectively supervises and trains full-time and part-time staff as directed by the Park Manager.
4) Responsible for/ assists with the maintaining of park inventory of equipment, supplies, facilities, and retail items. Provides required reports.
5) Responsible for specific park operations and maintenance of swimming areas, retail sales, cabins, etc. as directed by Park Manager.
6) Performs duties relative to accepting revenues, their collection, accountability and disposition.
7) Performs law enforcement activities within his authority and Department policy. Works to assure safety of visitors and employees.
8) Employee will be required to live in designated park housing to provide for security, safety and emergency response.
Bachelor's Degree in Park Management, Business Administration or related field and three (3) years experience as a Park Ranger or an equivalent position.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc.
2) Position requires residency in agency-provided housing. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
3) Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
4) South Carolina Drivers License.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.