|Secretary Associate Legal|
Secretary Associate Legal
Company : State of Maine
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maine
Secretary Associate Legal
Job Class Code: 6560
Pay Grade 17
Opening Date: January 12, 2023
Closing Date: January 26, 2023
The Maine Public Utilities Commission seeks a highly motivated individual to fill a full-time Secretary Associate Legal position in the Legal Division.
Responsibilities include administrative support to MPUC attorneys and/or individuals in the legal field requiring knowledge of legal processes, procedures, terminology, and/or documents. Responsibilities require the use of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion to make determinations on varied matters. This is office and administrative support work in assisting individuals with complex clerical responsibilities and administrative details that require sound knowledge of accompanying processes and procedures; including but not limited to setting up and recording in-person and video proceedings; and taking legal notes during such proceedings, such as conferences, hearings and technical conferences for purposes of creating transcripts for the administrative record.
The candidate we are looking for will also have the ability to provide outstanding customer service, in person and over the phone. They will serve as an intermediary with public and private contacts. They will have proficient skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe and other computer applications, including the Commission's case management system.
Training, education, or experience in office and administrative support work that demonstrates 1) competency in applying a solid knowledge of the principles and practices of office processes and administrative functions to perform complex secretarial support tasks, and 2) the ability to use independent judgment, initiative, and discretion to make determinations on varied matters. Competency in applying a solid knowledge of legal terminology and legal practices to perform complex secretarial tasks.
All positions in this classification assume the qualifications of: Secretary.
Salary: The position is Pay Grade 17 ($36,712.00 - $50,793.60 annually).
No matter where you work across Maine state government, you find employees who embody our state motto—"Dirigo" or "I lead"—as they provide essential services to Mainers every day. We believe in supporting our workforce's health and wellbeing with a valuable total compensation package, including:
- Work-Life Balance – Rest is essential. Take time for yourself using 13 paid holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and 3+ weeks of vacation leave annually. Vacation leave accrual increases with years of service, and overtime-exempt employees receive personal leave.
- Health Insurance Coverage – The State of Maine pays 85%-100% of employee-only premiums ($10,996.70-$12,937.34 annual value), depending on salary. Use this chart to find the premium costs for you and your family, including the percentage of dependent coverage paid by the State.
- Health Insurance Premium Credit – Participation decreases employee-only premiums by 5%. Visit the Office of Employee Health and Wellness for more information about program requirements.
- Dental Insurance – The State of Maine pays 100% of employee-only dental premiums.
- Retirement Plan – The State of Maine contributes 13.16% of pay to the Maine Public Employees Retirement System (MainePERS), on behalf of the employee for this position.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement – Improve overall health with regular exercise and receive up to $40 per month to offset this expense.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts – Set aside money pre-tax to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses and/or daycare expenses.
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness – The State of Maine is a qualified employer for this federal program. For more information, visit the Federal Student Aid office.
- Living Resources Program – Navigate challenging work and life situations with our employee assistance program.
- Parental leave is one of the most important benefits for any working parent. All employees who are welcoming a child—including fathers and adoptive parents—receive four weeks of fully paid parental leave. Additional, unpaid leave may also be available, under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation – Save additional pre-tax funds for retirement in a MaineSaves 457(b) account through payroll deductions.
- Learn about additional wellness benefits for State employees from the Office of Employee Health and Wellness
Interested applicants need to apply online by selecting the "Apply for this opening" button and also uploading a cover letter and a current resume. If you require a paper application please go to the following link: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs/application-process.
For more information or questions, please contact Chelsea Begin, Public Utilities Commission, at [email protected] or 207-287-1360.
Information provided during the application, interview and selection process will be verified.
The Maine Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.