|FIU Analyst/Fraud (remote)|
FIU Analyst/Fraud (remote)
Company : South State Bank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Florida
The FIU Analyst/Fraud will be responsible for managing daily tasks associated with FIU protocols to ensure all regulatory expectations are met and fraud losses are minimized to the extent reasonable possible. Responsibilities include the identification of unusual and/or potentially fraudulent activity, the management of the associated alerts, and the investigation and reporting of internal and external financial crimes against the bank.
- Analyze fraud alerts and account activity for unusual or suspected fraudulent activity that derive from the bank’s surveillance monitoring systems and internal/external sources.
- Analyze online banking activity to identify suspicious transactions or activity.
- Conduct account investigations and research to determine if further review is warranted.
- Conduct due diligence, evaluate the circumstances, and recommend appropriate risk-based actions for any cases of potential fraud; escalate as necessary.
- Collaborate with personnel from other departments when conducting investigations, as appropriate.
- Document all findings in a centralized case management system to ensure complete documentation is maintained as required.
- Communicate with FIU management on internal control deficiencies detected during the account monitoring/investigative processes.
- Maintain knowledge of the bank’s products, services, customers and geographic locations, and the potential fraud risks associated with those activities.
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BSA/AML compliance; attend FIU and fraud prevention training as assigned by the Chief BSA Officer.
- Adhere to all provisions of South State Bank policies and procedures, including the confidentiality policy, code of ethics and BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, according to the needs of the Bank.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and problem resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of fraud related matters and typologies including but not limited to online banking fraud
- Customer service and ability to work with all levels of employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML regulations related to suspicious activity monitoring and reporting
- Preference given to individuals with 5 years minimum of fraud and/or BSA/AML related experience in a financial institution; however, all candidates will be considered
- Self-motivated, dependable, adaptable, and detail-oriented individual with strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills; Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Experience conducting investigations and enhanced due diligence at an advanced level. Skilled at monitoring, reviewing, and analyzing account activity to identify fraud or suspicious activity
- Strong understanding of bank operations including but not limited to navigating banking systems, understanding teller transactions and interpreting customer transactions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret Federal and State banking regulations related to the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering
- Strong computer skills (spreadsheet and word processing); knowledge of and ability to use internal bank systems a plus
- Knowledge: Ability to interface with all business lines and legal entities and people of varying level, title, and knowledge; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must be detail oriented and proficient with PC work, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other varying software if/as needed; Knowledge of online banking fraud typologies required
- On-line required annual training and FIU/fraud prevention training as assigned by the Chief BSA Officer.
RECOMMENDED ADDITIONAL TRAINING
PC Navigator, Web Director, Guardian, Bottom Line, Alloy, Q2, CLEAR, Verafin, Excel, Adobe and other systems/software as required.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. This position requires a large amount of time in front of a computer. This can be done sitting or standing.
For telecommuting roles, no matter if hybrid or 100% full time telecommuting, must have a secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions. They must also have a reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by use of cellular data (hot spot). Cable or fiber connections are preferred. Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology is delivered. Travel may be required to come to meetings as needed.
This position does require occasional travel.