|MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST II|
MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST II
Company : State of Illinois
Salary : $5,536 a month
Location : Illinois
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 11/30/2022
Salary: $5,536.00-$8,279.00 (Anticipated Starting Salary $5,536.00 /Month)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 791799
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Intact Services Analyst. Under direction, this position will independently conduct in-depth management operations studies involving complex case record review and analysis of intact team performance and outcomes to ensure compliance with quality and improved outcomes related to the safety, permanency, and well-being of children through the life of an intact case. The position will provide consultation and direction to private agency or Department staff regarding agency performance issues and will address and facilitate the timely achievement of contract outcomes for DCFS intact services. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children and interested in playing a role in ensuring that quality services are provided to intact families. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
- Within identified geographic areas, performs monitoring activities, including independently conducting complex, in-depth management operations studies involving complex case record review and analysis of intact team performance and outcomes to ensure compliance with quality and improved outcomes related to the safety, permanency, and well-being of children through the life of an intact case, from referral through case closure, including analysis of referrals for service, repeat maltreatment, and subsequent oral reports
- Drives to on-site locations to provide consultation and direction to private agency or Department staff regarding agency performance issues
- Provides regular case consultation in meetings with managers, field supervisors, caseworkers, and investigators, making recommendations to address negative trends and performance deviations and to facilitate greater consistency and continuity throughout the life of the case
- Reviews and approves or denies requests for intensity of service designations, utilizing independent judgment and knowledge of intact casework
- Provides input and makes recommendations to Supervisor and Program Administrator relative to policies, procedures, and/or rules impacting provision of intact family services and operations
- Under direction of the Supervisor, provides utilization reviews on open High Risk/Intact Family Services cases for DCFS and POS agencies, including review, rotation, and case assignment of Intact Family Services referrals as needed
- Attends and provides input into various meetings
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years college, supplemented by a master’s degree in business or public administration, with coursework in areas such as economic theory, accounting and finance, organizational theory, and operations research
- Requires three years of progressively responsible professional experience in management operations analysis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires extensive knowledge of the application and conduct of management studies
- Requires ability to analyze problems and develop systems of action
- Requires ability to present ideas clearly, both orally and in writing
- Requires ability to work closely with staff and management professionals in planning and developing assignments and conducting management studies
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to pass a background check
- Requires possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to travel
Work Hours: M-F 8:30 am- 5:00pm
Work Location: 1911 S Indiana Ave Chicago, IL 60616-1310
Supervisor: Joseph Johnikutty
Name: Charmin Jones
Email: [email protected] (Questions only)
Phone #: 312-814-1222
Job Family: Facility/Fleet Management; Social Services
This position [DOES/DOES NOT] contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: