New Job Hvac Service Manager In Delaware
|HVAC Service Manager|
HVAC Service Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
To assist in the achievement of the company’s strategic objective and annual goals through the delivery of exceptional HVAC service reflective of Air Temp Solutions’ vision, purpose, and core values. In addition to the responsibilities of the day-to-day management of the Service Dept, the Service Manager will also be required to have a "hands-on" approach.
The HVAC Service Manager will lead a team of HVAC technicians and help them develop the skills necessary to service our customers in the home. They will oversee all technical development and ensure all company processes are followed to ensure consistency and efficiency throughout the process. They will oversee departmental KPIs and work with each technician individually to help them develop their technical and communications skills along the way. This position requires a great can-do attitude, high energy, and experience to help us grow our company. The Service Manager is an important part of our leadership team and will routinely work directly with service technicians in the field (75% of the time), with our customer care service team, dispatch personnel, and other business stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives.
The Service Manager will identify, organize, and coordinate all Service Department workload(s), including dispatching schedule to prioritize manpower and materials as required to meet daily demand schedules and profitability of work performed based on the capabilities of available technicians, the known or expected complexity of the perceived work and the planned and/or promised client service times.
The HVAC Service Manager directs daily operations of the HVAC Service Department by successfully performing the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Directs and provides support for service technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
- Recruits, interviews, and trains service technicians and apprentices as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervises and directs the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, identification of replacement installation opportunities, seasonal maintenance operations, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction and company objectives
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques, and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity
- Generate sales leads; and promotes maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generate quotes for additional services, equipment, and add-on products
- Establishes and co-maintains a regular training program to ensure that technicians are properly trained on the latest HVAC service techniques for equipment, general working conditions, employment of company and industry best practices
- Attends training courses to advance skills.
- Works hours outside of normal workweek schedule, if needed.
- Available for support to the team by phone (as needed 24/7).
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation, and general informational communications
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by sales capabilities, technical skill level, efficiency, and training
- Communicates daily with dispatch, warehouse, and inventory teams, reporting on technician statuses, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours, and parts or materials used
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the Service Department
- Reviews invoices, service technician client call notes, and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure technicians are adequately deploying their labor, quoting, and generating replacement leads
- Track and Process Warranty items
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians
- Oversees assigned service vehicle fleet, and monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy
- Monitors service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained * Keeps current with latest factory OEM training on current products, coordinates service technician training and maintains training records to ensure personnel maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of supported equipment
- Responsible for service technicians’ performance appraisals, and reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Maintain confidentiality on all private, sensitive, and proprietary business issues and concerns.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Eight years of related service management experience
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the home service industry; HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical
- Has the ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics, and control circuits
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Service Titan (or like software platform), and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate HVAC technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat, and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride in workmanship in himself and others
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background
- Ability and willingness to work
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Castle, DE 19720: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location