New Job Administrative Specialist Iii In Delaware
|Administrative Specialist III|
Administrative Specialist III
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies agency laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures in maintaining and processing agency information.
- Creates official agency word processing documents; creates and maintains agency databases typically using Access or similar software packages; creates and maintains spreadsheets; creates original presentations using software packages.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, clients, agency staff and others to exchange information and explain agency services, laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures effective coordination of operational functions.
- Establishes tracking and monitoring systems and conducts follow up to ensure effective resolution of matters.
- Obtains, organizes and drafts technical and administrative material necessary for public information or departmental use. Collects and compiles data to prepare reports and provide supporting documentation.
- Analyzes routine operating practices and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.
- Maintains and controls data and/or filing systems to ensure effective, accurate and easily retrievable documentation of operations, program and project activities.
- May oversee or supervise lower level employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Specialist III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Two years experience in coordinating administrative support operations, tracking workflow and resolving problems, providing guidance and consultation to management, customers and others on administrative matters.
- Two years experience in conducting research from multiple sources, analyzing data collected and preparing reports, letters, and administrative documents.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- One year experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases.
Additional Posting Information
The State of Delaware recognizes the value of telework and flexible working schedules. This position is eligible for Telework and Alternative Work Schedules according to the State of Delaware’s Alternative Work Arrangement Policy. More information will be shared at the time of interview.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.