New Job Customer Service Manager In Kansas
|Customer Service Manager|
Customer Service Manager
Company : City of Derby
Salary : From $53,768 a year
Location : Kansas
The City of Derby strives to be an employer of choice and our desire is to attract and retain honest, hard working and motivated employees who are committed to providing the highest quality of service to the citizens of Derby. We offer competitive wages, awesome benefits, including affordable health insurance with no deductible and no coinsurance and retirement benefits. We also offer Alternative Work Schedules to help employees achieve work-life balance. Salary starts at: $53,768 DOQ Details related to the position description are below:
70% Front Office Operations and Accounting
- Oversee the billing and processing of building trade licenses and permits, pet licenses, water, sewer, and stormwater services and miscellaneous fees.
- Coordinate the flow of information to ensure communication, both within city government and external to city government, occurs in an appropriate fashion.
- Manage, plan, organize, supervise, schedule, assign work, and provide leadership to staff.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities to staff.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals for all direct reports.
- Coordinate building permit work flow processes with the planning and engineering department to ensure work can be completed in an efficient manner.
- Prepare statistics required for completion of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) related annual financial reports and the accompanying external audit.
- Train new and existing employees in accounting functions as needed.
- Enforce city ordinances and city and department policies and procedures.
- Monitor daily transactions and interface with the general ledger system
- Prepare financial reports for the annual City audits.
- Manage water department pages on the city website.
30% Administrative Support
- Greet visitors and provide assistance, including answering public inquiries regarding department functions.
- Resolve, analyze, and document sensitive and controversial issues, disputes and inquiries.
- Type correspondence, reports, and other needed documents.
- Prepare various department reports as needed.
- Organize and prepare department purchase requests and issue purchase orders, including detailed line item expense tracking.
- Calculate charges and prepare and send out billing statements.
Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as assigned will be performed to address business needs.
Latitude: Most duties are assigned and then employee arranges tasks to complete duties. Most problem-solving is accomplished in conjunction with supervisor. Some decisions not affecting other departments may be made independently in accordance with city policy. All purchase requests should be approved by supervisor. Regular and reliable attendance at work is expected.
Interaction: Frequent face-to-face interaction with employees throughout the organization and general public.
- Bachelor degree, preferred.
- One to three years supervisory experience, required.
- Two or more years experience working with utility billing accounts, preferred.
- Kansas identification card or valid Kansas driver s license, required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to listen, interact, and deal tactfully with the general public and to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to file, organize both paper and electronic documents, and develop clerical procedures.
- Ability to operate office-related equipment, including ability to access, input, process, and retrieve information from the computer.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: Office environment. Occasional carrying, lifting, moving, or pushing of 30 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting, and twisting. Frequent use of manual dexterity and visualization of a computer screen throughout the day. Evening meetings approximately twice per month.