|BADL06-2022-04077-Drivers License Field Examiner-Rawlins/Baggs|
BADL06-2022-04077-Drivers License Field Examiner-Rawlins/Baggs
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $19.38 - $22.28 an hour
Location : Wyoming
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a full-time Driver License Field Examiner located in Rawlins, Wyoming. The mission of Driver Services is to provide an efficient driver's license and identification system to promote and enhance public safety on all roadways. Excellent people skills are a must in this exciting, fast-paced environment!
Rawlins is on the rolling plains of the Old West and is small-town living at its finest. Nearby outdoor activities are endless: Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, snowmobiling, ATV trails, rodeos, and even golfing. Seminoe State Park is a quick hour away and stocked annually with trout and fighting walleye, and Casper is just under a two-hour drive. Wyoming is one of seven states with no income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Issues all types of driver licenses, disabled placards, gun permits, and identification cards
- Checks and verifies applicants driving records on state and national computer information systems
- Administers computer-assisted, written, vision, and skills test to applicants to obtain a driver's license
- Collects fees and accounts for transactions performed and monies received
- Produces written documentation to customers, including the person affected and courts.
- Maintains confidentiality in the review of personal information to determine eligibility for a driver's license
- Deciphers legal documents
- Accounts for funds received as payments for fees by making or preparing daily deposits.
- Operates signature and photo capture devices
- Vehicle inspections prior to driving skills testing
- Accurately enters, processes, tracks, and reviews biological/demographic data
- Screens applicant's physical, mental and visual abilities to safely operate motor vehicles per state and federal law
- Process data related to a driver's license and driver record information
- Provide quality customer services and/or technical assistance to the public, driver license examiners, department personnel, and other agencies regarding the driver licensing process
- Monitor motor vehicle accidents regarding proof of insurance issues and suspension proceedings
- Shares information concerning driver's license or driver record data with law enforcement, courts, the public, and the department per Driver Services policies
- Researches and communicates information concerning driver's license or driver record data with law enforcement, courts, the public, and the department and other states ensuring that data is interpreted and entered correctly per Driver Services policies
Knowledge of examiner procedural manual, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of pertinent federal policies and procedures, as well as state statutes
- Knowledge of the Driver License Information System
- Knowledge of detecting fraudulent documents
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business)
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position takes place in an average work environment.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Applicants must pass an FBI fingerprint check
- Successful applicant will be subjected to a thorough background investigation
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Support Services - Driver Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here for more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.