|Shift Manager Security - Bellagio|
Shift Manager Security - Bellagio
Company : MGM Resorts International
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nevada
The Security Operations Manager will manage all property security operations and security teams, providing mentorship and guidance while ensuring all Company policies and procedures are being followed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all security-related operational matters of the property and its events. This includes managing supervisory and line-level security employees and providing effective leadership and guidance during any major crisis/incidents.
- Support leadership with the implementation and execution of strategic goals to deliver guest service using feedback and data with a proactive approach; manage the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the property's core service standards.
- Develop an understanding all relevant local, state, and federal laws and maintain a good working relationship with local law enforcement, gaming agents, and other regulatory officials/bodies; collaborating, as needed, with local law enforcement in order to uphold law and order in the facility, maintain guest/employee safety, and respond to and handle emergency situations.
- Ensure all guest questions and concerns are addressed immediately, either personally, or by contacting the appropriate department, supervisor, or member of management, to obtain the answer to the question, or obtain assistance in resolving the concern. Own the situation until the situation is resolved, or the guest is in direct contact with the Team Member who will resolve the situation.
- Ensure policies/procedures and compliance standards are followed/maintained. Maintain knowledge of company internal controls, policies, regulations and procedures.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of security operations, government, or private industry experience in the security field, including previous experience preparing risk assessments, operational security plans, conducting security reviews, and/or after-action reports.
- Degree in criminal law/justice, business administration, or related a field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a similar or related setting.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Gaming Registration as required by local jurisdiction.
- CPR and defensive tactics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding information, security best practices, and applying knowledge to different scenarios.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to effective manage crises and work under pressure. Ability to perceive emergency and distress signals.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent planning, time management, decision making, presentation, and organization skills to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to build trust and commitment by modeling and reinforcing internal and external service excellence for employees and demonstrating best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen by clarifying priorities, holding others accountable and using knowledge of current property and corporate initiatives to understand and improve business results.
- Ability to champion innovation, change and diversity by influencing and addressing resistance to change, taking appropriate risks, and recognizing initiative shown by employees.
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada