Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Requisition ID: 151760
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Associate Director, Corporate Banking, U.S. Financial Institutions Group
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director position in our US Financial Institutions Group (“FIG”) in New York. The individual will work closely with the respective Director/Managing Director to manage client relationships.
The Associate Director will be responsible for handling all credit-related activities including: the completion of credit presentations, identifying lending and cross-sell opportunities, structuring loan transactions, building financial models, negotiating documentation and monitoring compliance and industry trends.
The role focuses on clients within the US FIG sector that have both domestic and international capital market needs. The Associate Director will also work closely with other GBM partners including Investment Banking, Risk Solutions, Debt Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange, Equity Capital Markets, Equity Derivatives and Global Business Payments.
- Knowledge of all lending and non-lending products and processes to facilitate prompt execution of transactions
- Working knowledge of other GBM product areas including Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange, Corporate Solutions and Global Business Payments
- In-depth understanding of the US Financial Institutions Industry is preferred
- Ability to build, audit and/or modify complex financial models
Client Solution Focus
- Demonstrates solid financial accounting knowledge
- Provides succinct analysis of key risks and mitigants for existing or proposed new business with minimal supervision
- Conducts thorough due diligence
- Provides concise rationale supporting actions and recommendations
- Completes effective client pitch books
- Client Relationship
- Maintains a professional approach in any client interaction
- Business development capabilities
- Clear communication with clients and internal/external contacts to effectively monitor accounts
- Assists with client relationship management and contributes to cross sell activities
- Flexible to demands of work and viewed as a valuable team resource
- Promotes cooperation, teamwork, and professional internal and external relationships
- Strong time management skills and driven to achieve timelines and goals
- Ability to learn new concepts, processes and expand knowledge base
- Process transactions in a timely manner with less direct oversight from supervisors
- Exercises a good understanding of legal documentation and related issues
- Multi-tasking is essential
- Structure, analyze and perform due diligence on transactions that vary in complexity with a deep understanding of credit products
- Coordinate and work closely with other groups within GBM including Investment Banking, to assist with the preparation of marketing pitches
- Help structure complex transactions and responsible for preparing client pitch books and term sheets
- Develop recommendations for the appropriate course of action and prepare credit submissions for adjudication by Global Risk Management
- Responsible for day-to-day account management on a number of client relationships including annual reviews, compliance reporting, trending and new credit requests
- Expand industry and product knowledge while developing relationships with clients, lenders, bank counsel and third-party advisors/consultants within the US Financial Institutions Industry
- Review, negotiate and structure credit agreements with external counsel culminating in the closing of transactions, including registration of collateral where applicable
- Play a key role in the training, development and coaching of Analysts and Associates
- 5-7 years of corporate banking and/or credit experience
- MBA, CFA or other relevant professional designation is highly preferred
- Strong credit and financial modelling skills
- Strong documentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Corporate Banking, a division of GBM, is involved in the relationship management function and is responsible for credit and risk management activities of our clients. These responsibilities include identifying and originating opportunities, structuring of appropriate solutions, managing the credit process, reviewing and negotiating the related documentation.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.