|Head of Government Relations|
Head of Government Relations
Company : Under Armour
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Head of Government Relations leads Under Armour’s global government relations efforts. The position is responsible for developing and implementing Under Armour’s government relations strategy and initiatives at the international, federal, state, and local levels on issues that are relevant to the company’s vision, mission and goals. Reports to the company’s EVP General Counsel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the chief lobbyist and government relations advisor for the company on legislative, regulatory, and policy issues at the international, federal, state, and local levels
- Develop, implement, and lead a strategic approach to engage company executives with the goal of identifying and prioritizing proactive legislative and regulatory initiatives that support key business objectives of the company
- Develop appropriate policy positions on key issues and initiatives impacting the company, including in the areas of international trade, innovation, manufacturing, tax, intellectual property, and data privacy as well as other topics
- Represent the company with the executive and legislative branches of government, regulatory agencies, trade associations, issue coalitions, community groups, and other key stakeholders
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments impacting the company and its brand and business
- Manage outside government relations consultants and advisors
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Philanthropy and Community Engagement, Sustainability, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, to communicate strategic social impact efforts
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Able to articulate and represent Under Armour’s policy positions in an impactful, persuasive and bipartisan manner
- Viewed as a trusted advisor with a successful track record in building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of a corporate and governmental organization
- Outstanding analytical and leadership skills with the ability to think strategically and achieve results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; assertive and approachable personality
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor's in legal studies or related field required, graduate degree in public policy/political science preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of government affairs experience, preferably within the apparel and footwear industry; experience at the federal level preferred
- Prior in-house corporate or business trade association experience a plus
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD
- Return-to-Work Designation: Three (3) days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote at home
- No relocation provided
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.