Company : Ulteig
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Colorado
The Distribution Designer is responsible for the creation of electric and/or gas distribution designs. The Distribution Designer I coordinates with the clients, electric/gas customers, and constructions crews. Field work includes collection of existing asset data before design creation and equipment location staking at the time of construction. The Distribution Designer I works with the support of higher level Distribution Designers to complete projects.
What You'll Do
- Create safe and efficient electric, gas, and streetlight distribution design using Company standards.
- Communicates with engineers for design approval.
- Understands and follows client’s standards and changes to their client’s needs.
- Learn to be proficient in a variety of desktop, mobile, and survey software used for the design process.
- Conduct field data collection of existing assets.
- Staking of facilities utilized. May be required to use survey grade technology.
- Creates bill of materials.
- Utilizes quality checklists and ensures a quality product is delivered.
- Applies for and ensures payment of necessary city, county, and state permits.
- Share knowledge to design team, scheduling, clients, crews, and contractors.
- Focus primarily on managing own workload.
- Meet project timeline of assigned work.
What We Expect from You
- Minimum two-year technical degree in Engineering or related construction, GIS, or equivalent project management experience.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in Distribution Design, GIS, or Distribution Construction.
- Beginner level and training to develop a working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS, ArcFM, Trimble Access, O-Calc, PLSCADD, or other distribution design software and tools.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/written communication, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Takes ownership of quality of work and is responsive to coaching from higher level staff.
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
Ulteig is a purpose driven organization that has built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees for over 75 years. Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will have the opportunity to make a difference by creating and solving for a sustainable future. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Our vision is to be the most trusted partners transforming our world’s critical infrastructure. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
At Ulteig, we deeply care and listen to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive whether they choose to work remotely, hybrid or in office. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what's important to them. Our offices are currently open, and employees have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively to ensure the safety of our valued employees.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
Position Mid-Point is $67,400*
- The salary displayed represents the middle of a range. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your job specific skills, education, training, job location, number of years of experience related to this role and comparison to other employees already in this role