Company : State of Tennessee
Salary : $23,628 - $37,788 a year
Location : Tennessee
LOCATION OF (2) POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION, MORGAN COUNTY CORRECTIONAL COMPLEX, MORGAN COUNTY
- Reviews delivery documents to identify the location for the delivery of the order placed.
- Reviews pick plan to identify product type & quantity and location of product in the warehouse.
- Reviews product catalog to verify proper quantity and product description.
- Performs safety checks on applicable vehicles (e.g., forklifts, delivery vehicles).
- Compares purchase order records to shipments received on stock and equipment to ensure product accuracy (e.g., correct product specifications).
- Inspects incoming equipment and stock to document and record any damage that occurred during shipment.
- Operates various equipment (e.g., forklifts, manual and electric pallet jacks, cherry pickers) to assist in moving and transporting heavy products, inventory, and picked orders throughout the warehouse.
- Operates a motor vehicle (e.g., trucks and vans) in order to distribute deliverable customer orders.
- Operates scanning devices to reserve products for customer orders.
- Operates and/or utilizes a variety of electronic devices including calculators, copy machines, postage scales and carts to accurately fill and prepare customer orders.
- Observes expiration dates or suggested use by dates on stock to ensure out of date items are not processed in customer orders.
- Monitors temperature reading on freezers to ensure proper temperature is maintained.
- Monitors accuracy of paperwork related to ordering, receiving, storing, and disbursing products in order to maintain precise inventory reports.
- Observes products and materials housed and shelved in the warehouse to identify damaged goods that need to be removed from inventory.
- Walks varying distances repetitively throughout warehouse to fill customer orders, shelve stock that has been received, and conduct inventories.
- Stoops and lifts to load and unload equipment or cases of stock (e.g., paper, canned goods, juice bottles and furniture) to and from pallets, delivery vehicles, and warehouse locations.
- Carries heavy boxes of products from one destination to another within the warehouse.
- Climbs various types of ladders to retrieve or stock products from high elevations.
- Participates in physical inventory counts to maintain accurate stock records of all products housed in the warehouse.
- Communicates (written and verbal) errors in shipping/receiving manifest and products to supervisor.
- Communicates (written and verbal) delivery and receiving information to staff to ensure delivery process is carried out without issues.
- Maintains daily activity logs on all orders pulled and packed.
- Processes, logs, and files shipping and delivery related documents.
- Generates inventory related reports (e.g., daily operating report, transaction register, shipping report, current inventory value report) in order to maintain and account for inventory levels.
- Compiles and maintains records on damaged or expired products that are removed from inventory.
- Enters delivery information into shipping software programs for FedX, UPS, and USPS to process and generate shipping labels for customer orders.
- Enters data into Excel spreadsheets to compile information to generate reports, process orders, and track inventory.
- Collects information regarding customer complaints or delivery issues in order to resolve problems or pass on to supervisor for a resolution.
- Interacts and communicates (written and verbal) daily with customers and vendors inside and outside state government to ensure accuracy of orders and to confirm delivery availability.
- Provides excellent customer service in order to be cooperative and maintain professional working relationships.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Boss Relationships
- Desire for Results
- Priority Setting
- Integrity & Trust
- Knowledge of simple mathematic calculations.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as word processing, filing, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Time Management
- Auditory Attention
- Written Comprehension
- Depth Perception
- Number Facility
- Oral Expression
- Static Strength
- Speech Clarity
- Dynamic Strength
- Peripheral Vision
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Far Vision
- Speech Recognition
Tools and Equipment Used
- Fax Machine
- Hand-Held Scanner
- Motor Vehicle (Box Truck, Van)