New Job Skilled Trades Manager I In Wyoming
|Skilled Trades Manager I|
Skilled Trades Manager I
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $4,839 - $5,737 a month
Location : Wyoming
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Facilities Manager who will prepare budgets, administer, and direct workflow of a large number of maintenance supervisors, shop supervisors, resident engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, and journeyman level trade technicians for all activities associated with capital construction projects and building expensed repairs for 100+ WYDOT facilities and 28 sites within the District.
Casper - the place for entertainment and things to do, both indoors and out. Whether you seek the peacefulness of walking pathways and parks, the North Platte River, the fun adventures of skiing, snowboarding nearby lakes, or enjoying the outdoor ice arena in the winter, splash pads in the summer, or the family events at David Street Station Casper offers something for everyone. Wyoming is one of seven states with no income tax
Human Resource Contact: Keri Long 307-473-3243 [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and efficient working environment by completing scheduled, deferred, and routine maintenance, as well as requested office and building modifications and construction projects.
- Facilitates remodel, construction, and maintenance projects.
- Manages the daily building maintenance operations.
- Enforces and works within the State personnel rules and agency policies and procedures.
- Performs emergency work as needed after hours.
- Responsible for supervisory duties over subordinate staff and supervisors.
- Determines appropriate program measurements and develops quantitative and qualitative measurement reports.
- Provides direction in the scheduling and completion of assigned work activities.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance schedules, equipment depreciation, and replacement schedules.
- Schedules safety inspections and provide safety training to building staff.
- Works closely with state agencies to facilitate construction and maintenance projects through all aspects of project management from bid letting to completion.
- Serves as administrator for District Facility Access Control and NPDES Permits.
- Serves as District Coordinator of Drinking Water and Waste Water Regulations.
- Provides backup help and assistance to Maintenance Staff Technician duties.
Knowledge of hazardous material handling and laws.
- Knowledge of agency vision for statistical quality control.
- Knowledge of budget development and control.
- Skill in priority management
- Skill in problem-solving
- Skill in the use of computers and computer software
- Skill in working as part of a team
- Skill in technical report and publication writing
- Skill in descriptive statistics, data compilation, and summarization
- Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Maintenance
To learn more about the Wyoming Department of Transportation, please visit us at: www.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.