|Personnel Services Worker - Terrell RYDC - Dawson, GA|
Personnel Services Worker - Terrell RYDC - Dawson, GA
Company : State of Georgia
Salary : $52,000 a year
Location : Georgia
This is hourly paid work performing administrative, clerical, and general office duties. This position is part-time and requires less than 30 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits.
NOTE: This is a 29 hour per week position.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Performs administrative duties in support of human resources activities and operations.
- Assisting with Juvenile Correctional Officer (JCO) application screening, compiling eligibility lists, scheduling interviews, and assisting with testing process.
- Assists with various onboarding and orientation activities for new hires; prepare new hire information packets; conduct initial new hire meetings with employees and explain employment paperwork.
- Update and maintain documents such as organizational charts, staff roster, emergency contact information, employee demographics, and other documents.
- Complies with all facility safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Schedule interviews, telephone screenings and additional general duties as necessary
- Assist Human Resources Technician 1 & 2 with other personnel duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED AND one (1) year of clerical level experience with primary responsibility for processing at least one personnel function (e.g. Payroll, transactions, benefits).
- OR Completion of a vocational/technical school coursework in business or office administration.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess the following:
- Two years of progressively responsible clerical experience in human resources.
- Equivalent of an Associate of Arts degree with major course work in human resources management, business/public administration, or a related field.
- Experience with using Taleo, and PeopleSoft.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER