|Patient Services Representative|
Patient Services Representative
Company : The Retina Group of Washington
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for scheduling and registering patients for appointments. Success in this position requires the ability to utilize the scheduling system to search for appointments across multiple physicians, resources, while utilizing understanding of insurance requirements to ensure patients are scheduled with the appropriate provider within a convenient time frame.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and accurately complete full registration for patients requesting appointments adhering to policies and procedures regarding appointment scheduling and registration processes, performing these tasks accurately with attention to detail to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Initiate pre-registration process and ensure all demographic insurance information is accurate, complete and up to date on patient’s screen.
- Verification of insurance information, verification of benefits and insurance referral information.
- Verification of private patient insurance information for same day appointments or by request.
- Adhere to HIPPA standards related to patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Obtain legal photo identification and (if applicable) insurance card (s), and validate patient identity and coverage (if applicable) prior to services being rendered thereby ensuring patient safety and financial reimbursement.
- Assure ease of patient flow through clinical care process.
- Provide patients with all required information regarding appointments and payment policies (e.g. medical records, parking, cash policies, anticipated charges, cancellation policy).
- Intervene as liaison/advocate for patients, physicians, and staff in facilitating ease of care. Assist in identifying trouble spots and problem patterns in the provision of care.
- Maintain a working knowledge of medical symptoms, signs, and anatomical systems to identify and differentiate type and urgency of medical need.
- Maintain knowledge of insurance referral requirements to ensure access based on third party reimbursement criteria.
- Notify appropriate parties of the appointment time, referral criteria, insurance verification, and prior authorization requirements.
- Performs all above-mentioned tasks by paying attention to detail and providing excellent customer service skills with Patients, Physicians and other related members
- Maintains positive attitude consisting of cooperation, self-motivation, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Comply with company compliance policies and standards
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline highly preferred.
- High School or better