|Patient Accommodations Coordinator|
Patient Accommodations Coordinator
Company : Baptist Health System KY & IN
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Patient Accommodations Coordinator
Weekly Hours: 40
Status: Full Time
*** This position will have the opportunity to work from home pending in-person meeting restrictions. ***
This position will work a 10:30am to 6:30pm schedule with occasional days requiring 2:30pm to 11:00pm.
Insures that all reservations along with pre-cert information are obtained for all scheduled admissions. Coordinates reservations on all patients entering the hospital, assigns all patient rooms for medical/surgical and monitored step-down units and coordinates bed assignments with Behavioral Health, Rehab, Mother/Baby, Palliative Care, Pediatrics and Critical Care. Obtains pre-certs for scheduled admissions prior to admission of patient. Verifies insurance coverage and copay/deductible amounts to support up front cash collection initiatives. Audits patient accounts to verify that the hospital has been reimbursed correctly for services provided, ensuring that proper follow-up is taken when necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Identifies all insurances requiring authorization and obtain the authorization prior to patient admission.
2. Utilizes fax, telephone and online sources for the information needed.
3. Records information for staff use in collection action in Excel spreadsheets and Alternative .
4. Coordinates with the surgery schedule for the admission of surgery patients as observation or In-patient. Ensures that precerts and insurance verification is complete for all patients pre-admitted for surgery.
5. Assigns beds and places patients on appropriate units following established guidelines based on patient need. Utilizes Patient Tracking and Pre-admit Tracking software systems to communicate beds needed and bed assignments to Environmental Services, Transportation department and patient care units.
6. Prioritizes beds for assignment in coordination with department management, house manager and based on patient medical needs.
7. Coordinates patient transfers following established procedures both for patient care needs and private room requests.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Patient Management Services Director and the Patient Management Services Manager.
9. Updates Alternative with patient status (OBS vs. IP) changes/corrections received from Case Management (CCP) staff on a daily basis for accurate billing of accounts.
10. Ensures proper third party reimbursement. If incorrect, initiates follow up to ensure correct payment.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
A. High school diploma or equivalent, medical terminology, medical office functions, Excel, Microsoft applications and computer keyboard experience.
B. Prefer prior work experience with insurance verification.
C. Position necessitates the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, hospital personnel, physicians, and other customers.
D. Must always display a courteous and helpful attitude toward patients, public and fellow employees and have a positive working relationship with all departments, floors, and doctors' offices.
E. Must maintain composure when under pressure due to a shortage of beds.
F. Must be experienced in the use of various office machines.
G. Must type 45 wpm.
H. Must exhibit good telephone skills.