|Operations Support Specialist|
Operations Support Specialist
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Processes information to include sorting, coding, entering, modifying, deleting, filing and retrieving data; establishing new files and new filing systems; maintaining control of data and conducts follow-up to maintain continuity of operations; purges and disposes of data/records.
- Interacts with the public, clients, vendors, agency staff and others to respond to inquiries and to process information/data. May schedule appointments, coordinate conferences, hearings, travel, and related office activities.
- Explains standard forms, policies, procedures, agency services, systems and basic program requirements; screens complaints and provides basic technical guidance to State agencies and the public; refers individuals to appropriate agencies.
- Collects and compiles data to prepare reports; may compose and type routine correspondence.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Operations Support Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in office operations such as operating office machines, handling incoming and outgoing mail, postal and shipping services, answering phones, directing calls and taking messages; file maintenance; maintaining and updating supplies.
- Knowledge of data collection which includes collecting, compiling and maintaining data from multiple sources such as files, records, databases, customers, staff or others.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- Knowledge of using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
Additional Posting Information
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.