|Medical Records Specialist 1|
Medical Records Specialist 1
Company : State of Connecticut - Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
Salary : $45,725 - $59,999 a year
Location : Connecticut
- Analyze patient’s medical records
- Maintain medical records within SWCMHS
- Track specified medical record documentation and ensure completion in accordance with Joint Commissions accreditation standards and CMS regulations, including but not limited to: Treatment Plans
- Conduct audits and analysis of medical records to ensure accuracy and compliance
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
As a reminder:
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- All State employees shall follow the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a).
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to sort and filter data
- Experience using Access to run queries and generate reports
- Experience preparing reports for State and Federal Agencies
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Experience working with an electronic Medical Health Records system