|MAINTENANCE WORKER: DIXON|
MAINTENANCE WORKER: DIXON
Company : State of Illinois
Salary : $4,895 a month
Location : Illinois
Agency: Department of Central Management Services
Closing Date/Time: 02/03/2022
Salary: $4,895 - $6,526; anticipated starting salary $4,895 CBA language applies
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through SuccessFactors. Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 10616
Under immediate supervision of the Facility Manager, receives day to day assigned activities and guidance from the Assistant Chief Engineer at the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) District Headquarters in Dixon, Sterling ISP Office; performs a variety of semiskilled work, below the journeyman level, grounds maintenance functions and building upkeep and janitorial work for Department of Central Management Services operated facilities within the North Region for IDOT/Dixon Headquarters and other facilities within the Chicago & Northern regions as needed. Keeps equipment in good working order by making minor adjustments and repairs. Relocates, renovates and remodels offices by loading and unloading equipment and supplies and installing and removing furniture.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs semi-skilled grounds maintenance work, below the journeyman level, for the upkeep of grounds.
- Keeps equipment in good working order by making minor adjustments and repairs as needed including greasing machines, lubricating chains, changing oil and daily cleaning.
- Performs janitorial tasks, below the journeyman level, such as sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, polishing furniture, cleaning windows and restrooms, vacuuming/cleaning carpets and emptying trash in CMS facilities; uses and/or operates various equipment including mops, vacuums, and carpet cleaners.
- Relocates, renovates and remodels offices by loading and unloading equipment and supplies and installing and removing furniture.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the duties enumerated above.
- Requires six months of maintenance experience performing a variety of semiskilled manual tasks in the maintenance of highways, buildings, grounds, waterways or in related fields.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires working knowledge of one or more of the mechanical and building trades.
- Requires ability and skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Requires ability to perform semiskilled manual work.
- Requires ability to follow simple written and oral instructions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Requires ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Requires valid, appropriate driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- This position requires the applicant to pass a background check.
- Overtime is a condition of employment and you may be required/mandated to work overtime including scheduled, unscheduled, or last-minute overtime.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Work Location: 819 Depot Ave Dixon, IL 61021-3546
CMS Internal Personnel
401 S. Spring St., Room 414
Springfield, IL 62706
Job Function: Facility/Fleet Management
This position does not contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the work.Illinois.gov homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the work.Illinois.gov homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees[KS(1] and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid HERE[KS(2]
Non-State employees: on work.Illinois.gov – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
Central Management Services (CMS) is the operational engine working behind the scenes to enable the State’s more than 60 agencies, universities, boards, and commissions to deliver efficient, reliable service to all Illinois Citizens. The Agency’s mission is to support the State by delivering innovative, responsive, and effective services that provide the best value for Illinois State government and the people it serves. Among the services CMS provides are human resources facilitation; benefits programs for employees, retirees, and local governments; property and facilities management; diversity initiatives for public contracting and State employment; joint purchasing support; vehicle oversight and support; surplus property programs; print and electronic communications services; and administrative hearings coordination.