|Land Agent I|
Land Agent I
Company : Summit Utilities, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arkansas
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020 and 2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Land Agent I based in Fort Smith, AR.
The Land Agent is responsible for acquiring property rights for natural gas pipeline construction by determining property ownership; selecting and preparing the appropriate legal documents for acquisition; negotiating land acquisition, processing and recording documents after acquisition has taken place; working with government agencies or land owners to acquire easements; updating records to show project status; and preparing payment vouchers to facilitate purchase of, and access to, property included in projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for facilitating land ownership review
- Support the Engineering and Construction teams in all phases of land work including deal negotiation, due diligence and decision support
- Work with Legal Department and Title Company to clear title for installation of gas facilities
- Negotiate easements and the management of easement matters associated with the property
- Prepare reports
- Negotiate agreements related to road use
- Assess and settle damages related to construction projects
- Assess wildlife protection, hazardous waste disposal and related environmental controls written into agreements in conjunction with project managers
- Research plots of land
- Act as liaison between Summit Utilities and third parties in land acquisition matters
- Help the involved parties reach agreements that provide each with the desired monetary compensation and land rights
- Selects and prepares the correct legal documents needed for acquisition of each property parcel
- Assists and communicates with the general public, property owners, and property tenants impacted by property acquisition as requested by project manager
- Notifies individuals impacted by upcoming construction work as requested by the project manager
- Compiles, processes, and records documents from finalized property acquisition to assist in completing the procedures required to prepare projects for construction
- Compiles project documentation and data into required books and computer record keeping systems to provide reference information regarding project components and status
- Prepares payment information to facilitate purchase of property included in project scopes
- Researches possible encroachments on company facilities and/or property to determine remediation action needed
- Serves as the company liaison in encroachment matters
- Assists the Engineering and Legal teams in resolving property disputes and condemnation proceedings
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or equivalent with some college preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience working in land acquisition or right-of-way functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to evaluate legal descriptions of property; documents used to record acquisition or transfers of property; recording agencies and procedures for plats and property transfers
- Able to negotiate effectively
- Able to read and understand right of way plans and plats
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have current driver’s license
- Proficient organizational and planning skills required with demonstrated quality and thoroughness on each assignment
- Knack for attention to detail in all facets of work
- Knowledge of natural gas systems desirable
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.