|Human Resource Specialist|
Human Resource Specialist
Company : State of Idaho
Salary : $47,070 - $58,843 a year
Location : Idaho
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
You will be part of a team of HR professionals that care deeply about providing a great employee experience so our employees can do their best work. The successful candidate will have the aptitude and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines, and work with a variety of diverse individuals at all levels within the organization. The ideal candidate should have an administrative background in human resources, understand payroll functions and processes, and have a demonstrated history of providing outstanding customer service.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background investigation after a conditional offer of employment is made.
This position can be located in Boise or Shoshone.
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative and transactional tasks related to personnel actions in multiple HRIS systems for assigned client group(s).
- Welcome new employees to the company; prepare onboarding documentation, conduct new hire orientations, upload or initiate system setup for various employment systems (payroll, building access, technology, access, etc.) perform I-9 verifications, provide initial benefit and policy education, establish and maintain employee personnel and record systems.
- Ensures a smooth off-boarding experience by answering frequently asked questions relative to standard policies and benefits, administering the exit interview process, and preparing and processing separation transactions and related files and documents.
- Initial intake of FMLA, ADA, Worker's Compensation, and Unemployment processes.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process; develop recruitment announcement, attend local employment or career events, coordinate and facilitate hiring register and assist client group with various processes in the hiring process as available.
- Consults and coordinates performance evaluation systems and processes with supervisors.
- Supports developing and implementing standard HR procedures using best practices to support the initiatives of ITD.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Collaborative: You value working in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with other people on projects and initiatives.
- Resilient: Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an aptitude for time management, organization and communication.
- Proactive: You take initiative, follow-through reliably and work with a sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented: Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when completing a task, and make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects.
- Articulate: Build effective working relationships with teams through clear, reliable verbal and written communication.
- Dependable: Possess a strong understanding and ability to handle confidential information.
Good knowledge of:
- Human resource administration;
- Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, and policies;
- Counseling employees on human resource matters.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to research and resolve problems independently.
- Solid understanding of HR and payroll process and timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Working knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field and one year of relevant work experience OR;
- Associate degree in Human Resources or related field and three years of relevant work experience OR;
- Five years of relevant work experience.
Working Conditions: Work is mostly performed in an office environment. This position may require travel to various districts located around the State of Idaho. Regular and punctual attendance is a requirement.
To learn more about the department, please visit the ITD website. Make a difference in your community and in the lives of the citizens of Idaho!
Working for the state offers the ability to balance work and life commitments, including a flexible work schedule, PERSI retirement, medical/dental insurance, 8 weeks of paid parental leave, a wellness program and state-facilitated training.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
To view all Idaho state government jobs:
Trouble Applying Call:
Applicant Support Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
ITD recruiter email: [email protected]
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with ITD: https://itd.idaho.gov/careers/