|Human Resource Assistant 2|
Human Resource Assistant 2
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $40,900 - $61,634 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Do you enjoy working with people and have excellent problem solving skills? The Public Safety Human Resources Delivery Center is looking for a Human Resource Assistant 2 to join our Field HR Office 8 team supporting SCI Camp Hill and Department of Corrections Training Academy!
As a Human Resources Assistant 2, you will be responsible for Transactions and New Employee processing, as well serve as custodian of the Employee Personnel Files (OPF) for SCI Camp Hill and the Department of the Corrections Training Academy.
If you have the required experience and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary and benefits, the Public Safety Human Resources Delivery Center wants to hear from you!
Additional information can be found in the position description.
- This positions work location is within the State Correctional Institution at Camp Hill (SCI Camp Hill) in Cumberland County.
- Work Hours - Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (37.5 hour work week)
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 60 or 65
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Camp Hill.
If you are selected for hire and you are not a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of your employment. You are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines) or two weeks after receiving a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). If you are not fully vaccinated prior to the start of your employment, or you have not received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, your job offer will be rescinded.
If you are selected for hire and you are a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be either fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position OR undergo weekly testing for COVID-19. Unless you have received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, if you are not fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position and you refuse to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing, your job offer will be rescinded.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience as a Human Resource Assistant 1; OR two years of clerical or other comparable experience, one year of which involved performance of limited technical duties in the field of human resource work; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.