Company : KELLER LOGISTICS GROUP, INC.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Now hiring 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift Forklift Operators to join the team at our Cadiz warehouse! We pay weekly with overtime available. Located at 134 Roger Thomas Rd. Cadiz, KY 42211. Text "jobs" to 419-909-3214 to apply! Amazing benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability Plans, 401K, Paid Vacation / Holidays, and more! Earn up to one week of vacation in your first year of employment!
The ideal candidate would operator stand-up and sit-down stock picker which elevates the operator to a height of 18 feet and is in good physical condition, requires lifting and sorting of packages, and must be able to lift up 50 lbs. on a regular basis. The operator must sign off on safety harness acknowledgment which requires a weight limit to be from 0lb-310lbs that is part of the current safety harness equipment policy.
What you'll be doing:
- Check with Supervisor or Clerk for job orders.
- At the beginning of each shift, inspect the powered industrial truck. Check for damage or problems and report them to your Supervisor. Document inspection on pre-operation inspection sheet.
- Lockout / tag out unsafe or inoperable equipment.
- Load, unload, and place product in proper storage bay stacked straight and neat.
- Verify counts of incoming product, make necessary adjustments on paperwork, and initial any changes.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are free of damage and document or report immediately to supervisor.
- Sign and date the paperwork when load is finished.
- Accurately input information as trained with scanner, documenting all functions performed.
- Ship accurate number of pieces per load worksheet.
- Assist with inventory counts and proper stock rotation.
- Change propane tanks properly and safely and change and charge batteries as needed.
- Answer phones and take accurate messages.
- Operate copy and fax machine as needed.
- Use radio equipment for communication in a respectable manner.
- Duties associated with housekeeping (throw away trash and sweep floors) and follow and maintain 5S standards.
- Comply with OSHA standards and use safety equipment as required (eye and ear protection, back supports, and fall protection).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Report immediately any and all incidents occurring on the forklift (i.e. damage to property, near misses, accidents, etc.)
What we're looking for:
- Ability to work safely, follow safety procedures, and operate equipment safely, and able to recognize and respond to unsafe working conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Supervisor and other associates.
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
- Ability to get along well with others in the organization.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with supervision.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Knowledge of WMS system and KOS system.
- Knowledge of Industrial Truck Operational Procedures, including the ability to handle product without damage and the ability to use clamps, forks, and other attachments as needed.
Text “jobs” to (419) 909-3214 to apply or visit our Careers page at www.kellerlogistics.com/careers
Our employees are empowered and trusted as experts in their field of work. We value transparency and encourage our staff to be their best through our culture of “Responsive, Resourceful, Reliable People in Logistics”. We value team work, collaboration and respectful interactions with each other. Our people hold themselves accountable for a job well done, with high standards of integrity. We look for ways to continually improve our processes to make us more efficient for ourselves and our clients. Finally, we value safety among all else. Time is money, but life is priceless!
Keller Logistics Group is an asset-based third party logistics (3PL) provider headquartered in Defiance, Ohio. We got our start in 1978 as Thomas E. Keller Trucking and have since evolved into four affiliate companies: Keller Trucking, Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing, Keller Freight Solutions and Hydrofresh HPP.
Inc. 5000 named us among the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, we have consistently been named a Top 3PL by Food Logistics magazine, and the Truckload Carriers Association has recognized us numerous times on their list of Best Fleets to Drive For.