|Director of Social Services|
Director of Social Services
Company : Chugachmiut
Salary : From $46.15 an hour
Location : Alaska
The Social Services Director (SSD) is under the immediate supervision of the Community & Family Services Director and is a professional level, exempt, full-time position. The SSD will provide direction and oversight of the Community & Family Services Division staff as assigned and may assume Community & Family Service Division Director functions during periods of extended absence by the Community & Family Service Division Director. The SSD will promote Chugachmiut employee values and provide leadership and guidance to develop, manage and implement all functions as assigned the supervisor. Assignments will be performed with considerable independence and require the application of initiative and creativity. The SSD ensures communications, both written and verbal, meet the highest standards of confidentiality, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Provides supervision and direction as assigned for divisional staff and programs.
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of records and reports, both routine and confidential.
- Works with supervisor and the Finance Division to ensure compliance by divisional grant, contract, and various agreement conditions.
- Develops a schedule and monitors divisional grants, contracts, and miscellaneous agreements for timely and accurate reporting.
- Works with the Finance Division and clinical providers to maintain systems for designing and establishing a method for generating third-party revenue billings. Ensures the provision of quality assurance to maximize collections and minimize risk.
- Conforms to safety policies and general housekeeping practices.
- Demonstrates sound work ethics, flexibility, and dedication to the position.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, is respectful, and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity toward clients, co-workers, and others.
- Keeps customer service and the organization's mission in mind when interacting with clients, co-workers, and others.
- Expected to be prepared to start shift on time, meet attendance standards, and work the hours necessary to perform the job's essential functions.
- Expected to embrace, support, and promote the core values of respect, integrity, trust, compassion, and quality, which align with Chugachmiut’s Mission and Vision.
- Provides leadership for developing and maintaining policies and procedures for programmatic processes.
- Works with key staff to develop annual service delivery plans; prepare scopes of work and grant proposals for new and continuing programs, review, evaluate, and revise ongoing service delivery; develop and revise program budgets; and monitor program activities and expenditures.
- Write and review grant applications for submission to private, state, and federal funding sources in line with the Chugachmiut Strategic Plan.
- Coordinates with other divisions to ensure integrated services and coordination and development of quality assurance systems for patient care interests and compliance.
- Participates, as assigned in management meetings, and acts as a communications link between the divisions to identify problems and participate in problem-solving activities.
- Develops interagency support and service agreements for consultation and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduate degree in public health administration, business administration, behavioral health, or related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience related to the position's work. A combination of work experience and education that would conclusively demonstrate the ability to do the work may be substituted.
- Evidence of significant successful program management. Demonstrated experience in public health program planning, development, implementation, and execution.
- Experience in Grant writing and administration preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Knowledge of quality improvement activities
- Knowledge of the 1974 Privacy Act is required. The maintenance of patient records is an integral part of the position, and the privacy of individuals must be protected to the fullest.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and requests by staff, programs, and projects.
- Ability to perform the job with minimum supervision.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of issues.
- Ability to provide a strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
To comply with Federal Law, Chugachmiut participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $46.15 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations