|Community Services Manager - Parks|
Community Services Manager - Parks
Company : City of Tempe Arizona
Salary : $92,193 a year
Location : Arizona
COMMUNITY SERVICES MANAGER- PARKS
This recruitment is open until the position is filled or a sufficient number of applications have been reviewed to establish a qualified candidate pool.
First review of applications will occur on January 31, 2022
$92,193 to $124,000 Annually
Department / Division:
Community Services / Parks & Recreation
This position is classified as safety sensitive.
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (early mornings, nights and weekends will be required for this position)
The City of Tempe participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined Benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.41%. ASRS pension plan includes a Long-Term Disability Benefit. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick leave, holiday and short-term disability. Our employees have generous insurance options for medical, dental, vision and life. For more details, visit: https://www.tempe.gov/government/human-resources/careers/benefits-summary
The Community Services Manager- Parks will plan, organize and manage through subordinate supervisor, the operations of a major Parks & Recreation Section within the Community Services Department.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, direct and organize a diverse and proactive program of services including park maintenance, golf course maintenance and operations, stadium and cemetery maintenance.
- Oversee park asset management and development of the capital improvement program plan.
- Act as point of contact for Parks capital improvement projects; manage the planning, design, construction and procurement activities in conjunction with other City divisions and departments; facilitate public outreach related to capital projects.
- Coordinate parks maintenance activities with other City departments, Community Services divisions and sections, outside agencies and neighborhood organizations.
- Implement and oversee the citywide Integrated Pest Management Program.
- Develop, negotiate and administer contracts with outside consultants.
- Act as staff liaison for the Parks, Recreation, Golf and Double Butte Cemetery Board and/or the Desert Conservation Commission.
Requires four (4) years of experience in the administration of parks and/or golf course maintenance programs, including two years of supervisory experience.
Years of experience are based upon a full-time work schedule (2,080 hours per year). The sum of an applicant’s full-time and/or part-time qualifying work experience must meet or exceed the stated minimum qualification. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
Requires the equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major work in park management, business administration or a degree related to the core functions of this position.
The term “equivalent” means that directly related work experience exceeding the required work experience will substitute in equal time increments for college-level education, for example: one year of additional directly related work experience will substitute for one year of college education (30 credit hours).
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Applicants considered for this job classification must pass the following:
- Criminal history background investigation
- Post offer/pre-employment drug screen. Employees in safety-sensitive job classifications are prohibited from all marijuana usage whether medical or recreational
For a complete list of City of Tempe job descriptions go to: https://www.tempe.gov/government/human-resources/careers/job-descriptions
This position is FLSA Exempt which means employees are not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the Tempe Supervisors’ Association (TSA).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The City of Tempe is an Equal Opportunity / Reasonable Accommodation employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will make a reasonable accommodation(s) during the recruitment & selection process. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Human Resources at 480-350-8276. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.