|Code Compliance Officer Trainee|
Code Compliance Officer Trainee
Company : City of Savannah
Salary : $3,217 a month
Location : Georgia
Keeping Savannah beautiful by fostering healthy relationships with citizens is what we strive for. As a Code Compliance Officer Trainee, you will be responsible for enforcing a wide variety of local ordinances including property maintenance, zoning, residential parking, sanitation, tourism, short-term vacation rentals, vehicles for hire, and towing operators to promote a safe, clean and healthy environment.
The City of Savannah offers great pay, excellent benefits and career progression!
- Performs routine code compliance activities: enforce regulatory codes and ordinances as mandated.
- Assists with on-site inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with city or state ordinances.
- Patrols designated areas of the city to identify code violations.
- Issues correction notices.
- Writes parking tickets.
- Writes and delivers subpoenas.
- Conducts research to identify property owners.
- Takes photographs of violations and processes towing of vehicles.
- Attends neighborhood association meetings to make presentations related to code enforcement activities.
- Conducts research to locate property owners.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED; property maintenance, law, zoning, or other code enforcement experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must possess a valid driver's license and ability to walk several blocks in neighborhoods daily, taking, and downloading pictures. International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) and International Zoning Certifications (IZC) are both required or must be obtained within one (1) year of employment. Pay increase for successfully obtaining both certifications. Failure to obtain both IPMC and IZC certifications within one year will result in immediate termination.
This is a critical workforce position.
Work Location: 301 West Oglethorpe St. ; Work Hours: Varies
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; a motor vehicle report will be conducted, and driving history must meet the standards outlined by the City of Savannah;
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of related City of Savannah codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices property maintenance code enforcement.
- Skill in decision making.
- Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
- Skill in operating such office equipment as a typewriter, calculator, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.