|Behavior Support Interventionist|
Behavior Support Interventionist
Company : Children's Square USA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
The purpose of this position is to remove barriers preventing special education students from taking full advantage of their educational opportunities while fulfilling the Mission of Children's Square. The Behavior Support Interventionist will provide oversight and carryout the Learning Center program while ensuring engagement in the learning process for all special education students. This person will provide direct leadership, guidance, supervision, training and support to the Paraeducators assigned to the Learning Center while modeling the essential functions of the Paraeducator position and serving as a mentor/trainer.
The Behavior Support Interventionist will be responsible for understanding, embracing, communicating and modeling organizational values, beliefs, and principles and taking an active role in determining organizational goals. This includes sharing in program specific management functions by taking an active role in acquiring and allocating resources to carry out the program, coordinating activities toward goal achievement, and monitoring, evaluating and, with appropriate approvals, implementing changes in processes and procedures to improve the likelihood of goal achievement.
- Teach the tenets of the Psycho-Educational model
- Emphasize building relationships and teaching during interactions with students and other staff
- Be an active member of the building leadership team
- Provide program oversight and supervision for Paraeducators
- Conduct and perform performance appraisals and other HR related paperwork
- Provide consistent and on-going observation of Paraeducators; provide counseling and disciplinary conferences as needed
- Make data-driven decisions based on goals focusing on behavior interventions and support
- Provide feedback to Paraeducators regarding academic, behavioral, and cultural areas of focus
- Assess crisis situations, intervene if necessary, contact the appropriate personnel as needed, and ensure appropriate documentation completed
- Monitor individual Paraeducator duties to ensure task completion, safety, and welfare of students, and maintain integrity of the program
- Actively participate and monitor implementation and fidelity of approved behavior interventions, strategies, and accommodations.
- Provide direct service to students to de-escalate behaviors through the Crisis Prevention Institution (CPI) preventative strategy model
- Provide training and on-going guidance to Learning Center staff in the continuum of behavior interventions for students with emotional and behavioral disorders
- Develop student tracking measures, including monitoring progress of individual growth, record keeping of individual behavior progress, and other strategies and supports necessary to achieve desired behaviors
- Building liaison regarding behavior interventions, strategies, accommodations, and data with stakeholders as approved by supervisor
- Complete training necessary to perform position consistent with the special education program and organization staff development plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related mental health career field.
- Experience working with young people in an educational setting preferred. Previous experience or training in behavior management and crisis intervention and prevention preferred.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to staff, parents, students and administrators.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills related to validated practices as interventions with children and youth in crisis.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills related to theory and practices in working with students with emotional and/or behavior disorders.
- Necessary stamina and temperament to work with children and adolescents who are experiencing crisis and have emotional and/or behavior disorders
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and to be a mentor/role model for staff and students
- Able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple details with high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, as well as Google Docs
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- If required, and authorized to drive on organization business, must have automobile insurance that meets agency policy.
- Able to understand and consistently implement policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to show sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences within the service population.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is a private, not-for profit organization. Founded in 1882, Children’s Square U.S.A. has a rich history of caring for children from birth to 23 and their families, instilling hope and helping to restore lives.
Our mission: Building a bright future for children and families.
Our vision: To be a center of excellence empowering over 2,000 children daily to have a bright future through social and emotional wellness by December 31, 2031
Our employees are the heart of who we are. If you have an interest in truly making a difference in the life of a child, Children’s Square U.S.A. may just be what you are looking for. Our mission-focused programming impacts the lives of over 1000 children and their families each and every day. Be a part of team that cares and comes to work each day with the desire to build a better tomorrow for a child.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Children’s Square U.S.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Intensive Care Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- New Child Leave
- Unpaid Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Retirement Program
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Nursing Services on Campus
- Employee Assistance Program