|Aging Care Manager 3 (Local Government)|
Aging Care Manager 3 (Local Government)
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $38,540 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Do you have the desire to provide a wide variety of care to the elderly population? If so, Luzerne County is looking for you.
The employee in this position will be assigned to the Protective Services Unit within the Social Services Department. This position will be expected to perform a variety of tasks required of an Aging Protective Services Investigator. This position is responsible for filling a Report of Need for Protective Services and be able to determine the category and priority of the need for the report. Additionally, they will also be responsible for investigating all of the allegations of abuse and all of the categories of abuse on the Report of Need within regulatory time frames.
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm with 30 minute lunch period.
- More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as an Aging Care Manager 2 or Aging Program Assessor; OR three years of experience in public or private social work, including one year of direct aging care management experience and a bachelor's degree which includes or is supplemented by 12 semester hours credit in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences; OR two years of experience in public or private social work including one year of direct aging program experience and a bachelor's degree with a social welfare major; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training including successful completion of 12 semester hours of college-level courses in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Luzerne or Wyoming Counties. If no eligible candidates who live within Luzerne or Wyoming Counties apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.