New Job State Government Relations Associate In Massachusetts
|State Government Relations Associate|
State Government Relations Associate
Company : Commonwealth Care Alliance
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
- Serves as key staff support to the Director of Government Relations and Advocacy and the Vice President of Government Relations.
- Work in collaboration with the Director to build productive relationships with State government leaders, agency staff, and regulators.
- Assist with strategic communications, such as testimony, briefings, memos, and talking points related to government relations activities/Medicaid policy issues and related trends happening in Massachusetts and across the country, often working with the Policy team.
- Provide logistical support including preparation of briefings and coordination with district and legislative offices and agencies.
- Participates in planning for department and organizational events to increase the advocacy skills of staff and their knowledge of important public policies.
- Collaborate on drafting of press releases, speeches, presentations, messages to the Board, letters-to-editors when requested.
- Assists the Director to ensure that issues are communicated quickly and accurately to appropriate internal personnel and government partners.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Passionate and committed to working on behalf of populations with complex needs.
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and organizing skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legislative processes.
Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, and health care issues preferred.
In-state travel to meet with stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled