New Job Scheduling Clerk In Kentucky
Company : TJ Health Pavilion
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Monday thru Friday
The Scheduling Clerk arranges for the efficient and orderly registration of patients and ensures that accurate patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in patient registration and supervision preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task, and possess customer service skills.
Sitting - =>32%
Walking - 16-31%
Standing - 1-15%
Bending/Squatting - 1-15%
Climbing/Kneeling - 1-15%
Twisting - 1-15%
Minimal potential for direct exposures.
Visual and Hearing Requirements
Must be able to see with corrective eye wear.
Must be able to hear clearly with assistance.
Color vision ability required.
Other Physical/Environmental Demands
Lifting - 0-50lbs, 50lbs or more with assistance
Carrying - 0-50lbs, 50lbs or more with assistance
Pulling - up to 100lbs
Pushing - up to 100lbs
Mission, Service, and Values
Supports the hospital Mission, Service and Values.
- Works directly with Physician's office to schedule appointments for ambulatory services at the hospital and pavilion.
- Work directly with patients to obtain accurate demographic, diagnostic and insurance information.
- Verify all orders should be in compliance with Joint Commission standards.
- Work with Physician's offices and insurance companies to acquire authorizations as needed for patient procedures.
- Work with individual hospital and pavilion departments when needed for accurate scheduling of patient procedures.
- Work with physician offices to maintain staff education to ensure appropriate guidance is received in regards to providing adequate patient care.
- Refer patients for financial arrangements/assistance when appropriate.
- Preform Medical Necessity when applicable before service is provided.
- Work with Physician's office to obtain needed information to comply with medical necessity.
- Work with physicians office to obtain correct and complete referrals/orders for patient procedures.
- Enforce hospital policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
I Will Show Compassion
- see all patients, family members, coworkers, physicians, and anyone else at T.J. as my customer.
- recognize that each and every interaction I have at T.J. Regional Health matters
- show kindness and compassion towards my customers at all times
- be sensitive to the personal and private needs of every customer
I Will Cooperate With Others
- maintain zero tolerance for abusive behavior
- listen and be willing to accept fault when I make a mistake
- never underestimate the power of an apology
- refrain from blame and judgment
- bring a sense of calm to stressful situations
I Will Collaborate With Others
- value myself and every coworker as an equal part of one GREAT team working together
- treat others in a way that I would like to be treated
- participate only in conversations that are courteous, respectful, and reflect positively on my teammates and T.J. Regional Health
- foster a calm and pleasant atmosphere, and refrain from gossip, rumors, and insults
- speak honestly, seek truth, and act with integrity towards my teammates
- value the uniqueness and expertise that each team member contributes to the whole
- meet the need of the moment, regardless of whether or not it is considered part of my job
I Will Communicate
-smile - at everyone
- always introduce myself, my role, and my purpose use body language, eye contact, and tone of voice that shows respect in every interaction
- follow the 10/5 rule: always acknowledging people at 10 feet away with a smile and always greeting people at 5 feet away
- escort any customer in need (visitors, patients) to their destination
I Will Adapt To Change
- be a part of the solution when I am presented with a challenge
- embrace change and set the example for those around me
- accept openly when there are changes that T.J. Regional and/or I have no control over
- manage the expectations of others by explaining duration and next steps as often as needed
I Will Be A Champion
- serve with passion
- view myself as an owner of T.J. Regional Health and act accordingly
- take responsibility for the physical appearance of T.J. Regional Health, including my work area
- go out of my way to daily thank and compliment my customers and coworkers
- dare to make a difference and be exceptional
- constantly try to improve myself and T.J. Regional Health
- speak positively about T.J. Regional, while at work and in public places outside of work