New Job Portland Streetcar Administrative Specialist I In Oregon
|Portland Streetcar Administrative Specialist I|
Portland Streetcar Administrative Specialist I
Company : City of Portland, OR
Salary : $46,530 - $69,784 a year
Location : Oregon
The location for this opportunity is onsite.
Workplaces across Portland, the United States and the world are making tough decisions about how to protect their employees and community from COVID-19. We, too, find ourselves in the middle of this complex situation at the City of Portland. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety for our employees and our community. As a part of this commitment, all City employees are required to be fully vaccinated, effective October 18, 2021. Proof of full vaccination, or documentation of plans to become fully vaccinated (e.g., partially vaccinated however too soon for second dose, etc.) will be required prior to being hired by the City of Portland. The required vaccination is a minimum qualification requirement to be hired by the City of Portland. We understand that some are unable to be vaccinated for a variety of reasons, including medical and religious/spiritual reasons. Should you be offered employment with the City of Portland, there is an exception process that provides for an exception and reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious/spiritual reason. Exception Request Process for COVID-19 vaccine
Are you seeking your next career opportunity within PBOT?
The Portland Streetcar Division of PBOT is seeking an Administrative Specialist I. Streetcar's purpose is to provide an efficient and affordable transportation option to meet the needs of the general traveling public, and provide service to business, residential, educational and community destinations. Streetcar works to reduce traffic congestion and provide transit service in cooperation with other local transit services in the Portland Metro area.
This is an essential administrative position at Portland Streetcar's main office in northwest Portland and will report to the Streetcar System Manager. The position will provide support to both Operations and Maintenance managers, as well as the Safety Officer, working with City employees, contract TriMet employees, vendors, and service providers. The work requires confidentiality and discretion in scheduling, writing, and sending sensitive correspondence regarding personnel matters, grievances, drug & alcohol testing and results, safety actions, correspondence with ODOT State Safety Oversight, and labor relations.
In support of Streetcar transit services, this position will perform administrative assignments in accordance with guidance and instructions being given (regarding the approach taken as well as the expected results).
Typical duties will include:
Confidential on-site support for managers related to Human Resources and Labor Relations actions, including scheduling, correspondence, reporting, and record verification.
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets for reporting and reconciling fare deposits, NTD data, other essential reporting, and summarize overall fare sales
- Procure services and supplies in support of Streetcar facilities, using Price Agreements, contracts, and purchase orders. Inventory supplies for replenishment, schedule office moves, remodels, phone system and other facility changes.
- Receive and process Streetcar Lost and Found (items of value).
- Purchase, distribute, and track Streetcar personal protective equipment (PPE) and staff uniforms.
- Process utility and vendor invoices through SAP or with P-Card
- Greet visitors to the Streetcar Facility
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
The minimum qualifications required for this position are below:
Ability to prepare and maintain accurate, clear, concise, and accurate confidential records
- Ability to use and learn agency-specific software such as SAP, the City's enterprise resource planning and accounting software, as well as Trapeze, the Streetcar's web-hosted inventory, work order and incident management system
- Experience with general office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with The City's internal and external stakeholders, such as TriMet, Portland Streetcar, Inc., Oregon Department of Transportation State Safety Oversight Office, private businesses, sponsors, and neighbors, exercising diplomacy, tact and patience
- Ability to work independently and in support of a management team
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per City/State mandate or have an approved exception by date of hire.
Please state in your resume or answers to the supplemental questions if you have the following desired qualifications (Please note: these are not required but will be helpful)
- Experience working with multiple public agencies and organizations
- Ability to read and apply Labor Contract standards and language
**PLEASE NOTE: The eligible list generated from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies**
- Your résumé and answers to supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your supplemental question answers should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions.
- If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your responses to the supplemental questions and resume any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
- All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Anna Morgan, Recruiter
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer