New Job Parking Enforcement Officer* In Nevada
|Parking Enforcement Officer*|
Parking Enforcement Officer*
Company : City of Henderson, NV
Salary : $22.42 - $25.68 an hour
Location : Nevada
- This recruitment is limited to the first 75 qualified external applications received by Human Resources and will close without notice to external applicants once that number has been reached. The recruitment will remain open to internal candidates for 14 days.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Parking Enforcement Officer with the Henderson Police Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to six months or up to one (1) year*.
- NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
- Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
- Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. These employees and external candidates who successfully complete the testing process will be placed on separate lists, each of which may be used to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.
Under general supervision, patrols an assigned beat, in a vehicle or on foot, to enforce parking laws and regulations and identify violations of Nevada Revised Statutes of Henderson Municipal Codes; and performs related duties as assigned.Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience involving difficult public contact.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Obtains and maintains a certification from National Crime Information Center annually and completes any required training.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years.Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Oral Review Board (Weighted 100%) -Monday, December 13, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Wednesday, December 15, 2021
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
*NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES*
Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. Candidates successfully completing the testing will be placed on a separate hire list. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.
IMPORTANT: Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Teamsters Contract Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $75,000 Life Insurance on employee.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare – Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid Membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- The City provides a clothing and personal effects allowance for employees required to wear a uniform.
- A shoe allowance is provided on an annual basis to those employees required to wear safety shoes.
- Employee credited with 19 hours of annual leave at the end of the first six (6) months of employment. Annual leave will accrue from month 7 to month 12 at 3.167 hours per month (total 38 hours first year of employment).
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month after first year through fifth year; 12.67 hours per month sixth through twelfth year; 15.83 hours per month upon completion of twelfth year and beyond.
- Sick Leave
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month from date of hire.
- Bereavement Leave
- Three consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member; increased to one work week when funeral is held 400 statute miles or more from City of Henderson.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Two (2) floating holidays per year.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Three day, 12 hour work day, 38 hour work week for certain positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership