New Job Library Assistant In Virginia
Company : Prince William County Government
Salary : $18.94 - $24.27 an hour
Location : Virginia
If you enjoy helping people in your community and learning new things, put your customer service, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills to great use, Haymarket/Gainesville Library would like to talk to you! Prince William Public Library is a dynamic, forward-thinking organization that enjoys great community support and has an excellent reputation. Join a team that works together to consistently provide outstanding services to our library patrons. We are a vibrant, visible, and growing library system encompassing a diverse population offering patrons current technology resources and a variety of materials and digital resources. We offer the opportunity to engage in impactful work, opportunities to excel and lead from all levels, and training and development opportunities. Haymarket Gainesville Library is seeking a part-time Library Assistant interested in continuous learning and contributing to our hardworking and fun team.
Paid vacation, sick leave, personal day leave, and Holiday pay
- Annual performance merit pay
- Wellness programs
- Employee Training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Giving back to the community
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Provide front line customer service to patrons from the integrated service desk such as answering questions, providing readers advisory, checking items in and out, searching for items, placing holds requests, and assisting patrons with account issues
- Assist patrons with computers, devices, library apps, premium digital resources, copiers, and fax machine,
- Assist with programs, displays and outreach for all age groups, adults to children.
- Provide branch wide aid in other various projects, such as community outreach events.
- 1 year of excellent customer service skills, to include assisting patrons with various devices/forms of technology
- Cash handling experience.
- Experience explaining policies and procedures to customers.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook and Word.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and 1 year of related experience.
Scheduling flexibility is imperative. Scheduled hours will fall within the following operating hours: Monday – Wednesday 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM and Thursday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The Haymarket Gainesville Library is closed on Sunday. Please note that Library business hours are subject to change, which can affect the schedule of this position. This is a part-time position, working 20 hours per week, including one evening per week and rotating weekends.
This position may require travel to other branches within PWPL system.
A DMV check will be conducted for employees who drive while on County business.
ENTRY SALARY RANGE: $18.94 - $24.27 Hourly
The above position description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department. To review the description of duties and responsibilities of persons working in this classification click here.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Prince William County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.