New Job Information Assistant - Part Time In Minnesota
|Information Assistant - Part Time|
Information Assistant - Part Time
Company : City of Bloomington, MN
Salary : $21.67 - $22.99 an hour
Location : Minnesota
The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to provide prompt, accurate and courteous information desk services for employees and the public in a manner that will project a positive image of the City.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the public, providing a major source of community and City information.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and "Ask the City" emails and promptly refers them to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists the visiting public by directing them to the appropriate departments within Civic Plaza or other City buildings, events and activities.
- Trains back up staff in the correct procedures of the switchboard and information desk.
- Assist various departments with one-time and ongoing projects.
- Processes certified mail.
- Notifies facilities maintenance of maintenance and cleaning issues that are reported.
- Enters art classroom schedule into RecTrac (scheduling software) and schedules meetings in Outlook.
- Keeps the information desk clean and organized.
- Acts as liaison between daytime staff and Center of the Arts attendants who staff the information desk on evenings and weekends.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Six months of work experience operating a telephone switchboard.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent customer service and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with the general public and City employees.
- Ability to lift small packages up to 30 pounds.
- Additional years of experience in operating a telephone switchboard
- Experience as a receptionist, concierge, or similar position
- Additional customer service experience
- Knowledge of City and Center for the Arts operations and personnel
- Ability to speak Spanish, Somali, Sign Language or other non-English languages prevalent in the community.
The schedule for this opening is 8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday and additional hours as needed.
Part-time, non-benefits-eligible, non-union, non-exempt position.
2021 Salary: $21.67 - $25.12 Hourly
Anticipated Hiring Range: $21.67 - $22.99 Hourly
Benefits for Regular, Full-time Employees of the City of Bloomington include the following:
- 10 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days paid personal leave per year
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Employee health and dental insurance
- Paid employee life insurance
- Paid employee disability insurance
- Employer/employee paid pension
- Deferred compensation
- Tuition assistance program
- Health club membership reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other optional benefits
- Great suburban location, on bus line
- Free employee parking
- (Union contracts may vary from the above list.)