New Job Human Services Analyst In Pennsylvania
|Human Services Analyst|
Human Services Analyst
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $52,851 - $80,372 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
This is a rewarding position if you have a passion for the wellbeing of families and children and want to ensure families have access to high quality Evidence-Based Home Visiting and Family Support Programs that prepare children for school and life success. This Human Services Analyst position is within the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL), in the Bureau of Early Intervention Services and Family Supports (BEISFS). This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with Grantees implementing Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects and manage state level CQI projects. In addition, the person in this role would serve as the lead for the Family Support Stakeholder Committee.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize, and oversee the existing policies and procedures for Grantees conducting Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects, as well as conduct state level CQI projects based on Family Support data. This position reports directly to the Family Support Program Manager, who serves as the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) grant and Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) grant Project Director. This is an exciting position to help Pennsylvania meet the changing needs of Families and Children, with opportunities to develop technical assistance and professional resources with statewide partners. This position supports operational efforts of the Departments of Human Services and Education, Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) and coordinates with other units, divisions, bureaus, and departments, as well as with contractors with the goal of producing the most effective Family Support operational procedures.
- Work Hours: 07:30am to 3:30 pm; Monday - Friday; ½ hour lunch.
- Travel: In-state and out of state travel as needed for meetings and conferences. Travel expenses will be paid.
- This is a limited term position with current funding ending on 9/29/2022, high anticipation of reauthorization of funding.
- This position is funded by federal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) funding.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- This position is eligible for full-time telework. Initial training period may require more frequent in office days at first.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year of professional experience developing, implementing, or evaluating human services, social services, health care services, or health care insurance programs; and a bachelor’s degree; OR An equivalent combination of experience and training that includes one year of professional experience developing, implementing, or evaluating human services, social services, health care services, or health care insurance programs.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.