New Job Environmental Scientist/Geologist (Ct) In Connecticut
|Environmental Scientist/Geologist (CT)|
Environmental Scientist/Geologist (CT)
Company : Weston & Sampson
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
Â : Weston & Sampson is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist with 0-5 years of experience to work with our EGE discipline in our Rocky Hill office. The candidate who is willing to explore the various opportunities and technical practice areas of the Environmental, Geotechnical, and Energy discipline as well as cross train with our water supply group. The ideal candidate will bring a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit who would like to be part of a growing team.
Â : What you’ll do:
- Full spectrum of environmental field work including multi-media sampling
Additional job responsibilities will include:
- Collecting samples for field screening and/or laboratory analysis (air, soil, groundwater, water and building materials),
- Responding to releases of oil and hazardous materials
- Conducting Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards
- Providing oversight and sampling during the installation of soil borings and monitoring wells,
- Overseeing remedial activities
- Managing analytical data (tabulation, QA/QC and evaluation of data)
- Preparing plans/maps/boring logs; and assisting with writing technical reports and work plans.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, or environmental science, sustainability or field/construction safety
- 0 to 5 years of experience
- Experience working in field setting (sample collection, construction oversight)
- Ability to wear a respirator, safety harness and other safety equipment as needed
- Work well with multiple staff members.
- Ability to handle flexible work load
- A positive attitude and able to communicate effectively with others
- Strong communication skills and excellent written skills
- Some travel will be required to conduct field work (Valid driver’s license is required)
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal:
Overview: Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we seek to implement a workplace culture in which all employees are empowered to do their best work while sharing the advantages of their own voice and experience. Join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company service public and private clients throughout the easter United States. With a staff of more than 700 professionals in offices along the East Coast, Weston & Sampson strives to achieve an exceptional workforce to support the diverse communities we serve and value differences as assets to the organization.
Employee health and safety remain at the forefront of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Corporate Response Team meets regularly to stay up to date with employee needs and concerns, safety protocols and equipment, stay-at-home advisories for all the states in which we operate, and current protocols for our office spaces. The majority of our personnel currently work from home with secure remote access to the company network. We have clear safety standards for in-person site visits or other situations that cannot be accommodated virtually. We also expanded accommodations for flexible schedules and established meeting-free Fridays.
TRANSFORM MORE THAN YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
Weston & Sampson is dedicated to improving the quality of life of both our clients and our employees. We are committed to treating our staff with the highest degree of professional respect, valuing differences, learning from each other, and encouraging our team members to grow and achieve. We provide a comfortable, safe working environment along with the state-of-the-art tools and equipment. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefits packaged, and a welcoming corporate culture where people are recognized for their contributions.
OUR LEARNING CULTURE
Learn and contribute with collaborative teams in a friendly, professional, constantly improving environment.
Competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and career growth, in an equitable, family-friendly work environment.
TALENTED TEAM MEMBERS
Weston & Sampson is an equal opportunity employer, seeking talented, diverse technical and professional staff members. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
PROJECTS AND PEOPLE
Work on meaningful projects that transform the environment, with a team who values your ideas and shares your vision.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal: https://www.westonandsampson.com/join-our-team/
Job Type: Full-time