New Job Custodian Iii In West Virginia
Company : West Virginia Department of Education
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Virginia
JOB SUMMARY: The custodian keeps
the county buildings in such a state of
operating excellence that they present no
problems or interruptions to the
educational program. The custodian
performs assigned custodial duties and
repairs and receives supervision from the
building administrator, and if applicable,
the head custodian.
Additional duties may be assigned.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Cleans and preserves designated
- Cleans classrooms, offices, media
including but not limited to chalkboards,
dusting, emptying trash receptacles,
vacuuming and washing windows.
- Scrubs, mops, disinfects and polishes
cafeteria, hallways, classrooms, etc.,
- Performs minor maintenance and
- Immediately reports any vandalism or
- Assumes responsibility for the
windows locked and lights turned off
as needed before leaving the building for
- Maintains an inventory of supplies
custodian of needs in advance so as not
to hinder the continued performance of
the building custodial duties.
- Complies with County Policies.
- Receives permission from building
40 hours per week.
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical,
- Moves furniture and equipment and
- Corrects minor safety hazards when
safety hazards to building supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- In the case of the head custodian,
work areas to custodians assigned to
- Other duties/responsibilities assigned
High School diploma or equivalent,
pursuant to WV Code §18A-2-5; Criminal
background check conducted pursuant to
WV Code §18-5-15c; Meet the definition
of “Qualifications” in WV Code §18A-4-
8b; demonstrated competency, pursuant
to WV Code §18A-4-8e (state-approved
competency test) as required.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
'Custodian I' means personnel employed
to keep buildings clean and free of refuse;
'Custodian II' means personnel employed
as a watchman or groundsman; 'Custodian
III' means personnel employed to keep
buildings clean and free of refuse, to
operate the heating or cooling systems
and to make minor repairs; 'Custodian IV'
means personnel employed as head
custodians. In addition to providing
services as defined in ‘Custodian III’ their
duties may include supervising other
custodian personnel (Pursuant to WV
- Ability to effectively present
administrators, staff and the general
- Ability to apply concepts such as
proportions to practical situations
consistent with the duties of the position.
- Ability to interface effectively with
other maintenance staff and business
contacts from outside the county.
- Ability to pass written and physical
- Ability to establish and maintain
students, staff and community.
- Ability to perform duties in full
and the Board of Education policies.
- Ability to read and comply with labels
and hazardous materials.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical
- Ability to work under minimal or no
- Ability to understand and follow both
- Complete necessary training and in-
- Ability to solve practical problems and
situations where only limited
standardization exists consistent with the
duties of this position.
- Ability to interpret a variety of
diagram or schedule form.
Job Location or School Name
Union Elementary School
Persons must be certified in
respective subject area.
Commensurate with degree and experience
A complete posting can be
found at all Upshur County
Applicants for professional
positions shall submit:
Professional Bid Sheet(see
letter of application, copy
Dr. Debra Harrison
Upshur County Schools
102 Smithfield Street
Buckhannon, WV 26201
County Contact Email