New Job Core Sports Coordinator In New Mexico
|CORE SPORTS COORDINATOR|
CORE SPORTS COORDINATOR
Company : City of Hobbs
Salary : $21.99 - $25.29 an hour
Location : New Mexico
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing high quality activities in sports activities, leagues and tournaments for all ages at the C.O.R.E. (Center of Recreational Excellence).
- Oversees the coordination of all youth and adult team and individual sports, tournaments, camps and clinics through supervision of part-time staff and the direction of contractors and sports associations throughout the City for the CORE.
- Responsible for direct recruiting and coordination with tournament directors, companies, associations and various other organizations interested in hosting sports tournaments at the CORE including cooperation with other City facilities, to include the school district, to accommodate large scale multi-venue tournaments and events which provide a large economic impact to the Sports Division, as well as, the City in general. Secures and schedules athletic fields and courts for all practices and events. Acts as the liaison for all youth sport associations. Works with marketing staff to inform the community through advertising and promotions of all events related to sports.
Responsible for managing staff, coordinating and the oversight of contractors, associations and private organizations for the purpose of planning sports leagues, programs, tournaments and special events. Supervises staff which includes prioritizing and assigning work; assisting with performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees understand and follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment, and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
Assists in the administration and recording of monthly statistical reports. Monitors division budget including revenue and expenditure projections plus supply and equipment needs. Assists the Director in budget preparation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a degree in sports management or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with at least two (2) years of experience working with children and/or adults in the delivery of sports programs or activities and at least three (3) years of experience in a recreation or similar field with supervisory capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Applicant must be dependable.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to utilize computer skills including proficiencies in word processing and basic spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships up and down the chain of command.
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with people under stressful and demanding situations.
- Valid state issued driver's license.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification required.
- Ability to obtain Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) Certification within six (6) months of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate controls and reach with upper and lower body and hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in other part of the facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals.