New Job Child Support Technician 2- Denver Human Services In Colorado
|Child Support Technician 2- Denver Human Services|
Child Support Technician 2- Denver Human Services
Company : City and County of Denver
Salary : $21.28 - $26.60 an hour
Location : Colorado
About Our Job
City employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Refer to the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Mandate Candidate Q&A for additional information.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides support to one in three Denver residents. We envision a healthy community where people are connected, supported, safe, and well. Our services include food, cash and medical benefits, child support and veteran services, child welfare and adult protection, work opportunities, and more. If you are committed to supporting the health and strength of the community and want to be a part of an engaged workplace, we’d love to work with you!
The Child Support Services (CSS) Division of Denver Human Services is currently seeking highly skilled applicants for the position of Child Support Technician II.
Child Support Services (CSS) partners with federal, state, tribal, and local governments and others to promote parental responsibility so that children receive support from both parents, even when they live in separate households. Nationally, the child support program is one of the largest income-support programs for families, contributing money to family budgets to help pay for the basics: shelter, food, child care, transportation, and school clothes. Child support makes a big difference to children. We strive to provide family centered services and are incorporating innovative strategies that improve the reliability of child support payments.
CSS Vision: The vision of Child Support Services is to help build a world where children can count on their parents for the support and love that they need to be healthy and successful. CSS will put children first by both parents assuming responsibility for the economic and social well-being, health and stability of their children. We recognize that children benefit from positive, ongoing relationships with both parents.
The Child Support Technician II:
- Performs technical work by following an administrative or judicial process to provide services to clients involving the establishment, enforcement and/or modification of child support obligations
- Completes the discovery process by interviewing obligors and obligees as well as researching and gathering any remaining relevant information and all necessary case documentation
- Reviews case information including existing court orders and minutes to determine appropriate legal action
- Determines child support payment and arrears amounts utilizing calculation guidelines
- Meets with and communicates to clients and associated parties regarding explanation of child support enforcement services, processes and requirements as well as involving mediation/negotiation of pay amounts and plans, stipulations and settlements
- Determines and employs appropriate automated or manual enforcement remedies including but not limited to: income assignments, deductions for health insurance, liens on bank accounts, tax refund intercepts, lottery intercepts, suspension of licenses, reporting to credit bureaus, contempt citations, judgments and interstate cases
- Drafts legal documents pertinent to cases including but not limited to: stipulations, modifications, motions, summons and subpoenas
- Prepares cases for court hearings by organizing case files to include relevant documents for attorneys and testifies when needed at hearings
- By position, establishes, enforces and/or modifies foster care parent fees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for someone with some or all of the following skills and experience:
- A passion for public service and improving the lives of families
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to embrace change and innovative work processes
- A desire to make a difference, engaging customers with a solution-oriented approach through phone, email and face-to-face contact
- Commitment towards going above and beyond in challenging situations
- Strong negotiation skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Four (4) years of experience performing child support initiation, enforcement, collections, investigations, case management or a related field
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCA2901 Child Support Technician II
Position Salary Range$21.28 - $31.92
Starting PayAlthough our full pay range is listed above, the budgeted hiring range for this position will most likely be between $21.28 - $26.60/ per hour, based on education and experience.
AgencyDenver Human Services
Assessment RequirementCustomer Service Agent: Compliance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.